ABBAvivor Round 4: Self-Titled

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m only focusing on the English versions of songs here for better international reach, but ABBA sound good when singing in any language. The songs they re-recorded in Spanish are sweet.

For sure, just thought it would be interesting for people outside Sweden/Scandinavia to hear what ABBA sounds like when they sing in their mother tongue :)

There's also a lot of differences in the lyrics, they're actually not very similar at all. The English version was made a bit more poppy and more "love" related than the original.

Last edited:
I'm listening to Ring Ring right now, and I can't say I'm impressed. The first two tracks are good, but the rest is just not on par with the other songs I've heard from them.

Waterloo is a little better, and it feels like the group is starting to take shape. I hope they just keep getting better with the other albums going forward.

I'mma listen to these a few more times before voting.

For now, I have "Disillusion", "People Need Love" (tragic cringe-worthy mess) and "Sitting in the Palmtree" as three of my votes. Let's see how the other songs hold up with my relistens.

For sure, just thought it would be interesting for people outside Sweden/Scandinavia to hear what ABBA sounds like when they sing in their mother tongue :)

There's also a lot of differences in the lyrics, they're actually not very similar at all. The English version was made a bit more poppy and more "love" related than the original.
For some reason this made me think of Sabaton.

Kay, I'm ready. Let's vote for...

Disillusion
People Need Love
Love Isn't Easy
Me and Bobby and Bobby's Brother (atrocious title)
He Is Your Brother
I Am Just a Girl
Rock'n Roll Band
Sitting in the Palm Tree
Hasta Mañana
Gonna Sing You My Lovesong
Suzy-Hang-Around

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 1:
Love Isn't Easy (But It Sure Is Hard Enough) (4 votes)
Rock'n Roll Band (4 votes)
What About Livingstone (4 votes)
Suzy-Hang-Around (4 votes)

Disillusion
People Need Love
Me and Bobby and Bobby's Brother
He Is Your Brother
I Am Just a Girl
Sitting in the Palmtree
Hasta Mañana
Gonna Sing You My Lovesong
She's My Kind of Girl

Another Town/Train, People Need Love, I saw It In The Mirror, Nina, Me and Bobby etc, He Is your Brother, I Am Just A Girl, Sitting In The Palmtree, King Kong Song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back