A Matter of Life and Death: individual album judgement by yours truly

srfc

Ancient Mariner
An excellent album, the strength of which can possibly be gauged from the fact that my least favourite song on it is probably a lot of people's favourite.

Listening to the new remaster and it sounds excellent, loads of things low in the mix that I've never heard before, backing vocals, synths even guitar parts, although I am using Steve's Headphones for the first time too, so not sure whether it's the mastering or the headphones or a little of both.

"you're lying on your death bed now, but what did you bring to the table"

Different World: 9
These Colours Don't Run: 9
Brighter than a Thousand Suns: 10
The Pilgrim: 9
The Longest Day: 10
Out of the Shadows: 10
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg: 10
For the Greater Good of God: 8
Lord of Light: 10
The Legacy: 10

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
An excellent album, the strength of which can possibly be gauged from the fact that my least favourite song on it is probably a lot of people's favourite.

Listening to the new remaster and it sounds excellent, loads of things low in the mix that I've never heard before, backing vocals, synths even guitar parts, although I am using Steve's Headphones for the first time too, so not sure whether it's the mastering or the headphones or a little of both.

"you're lying on your death bed now, but what did you bring to the table"

Different World: 9
These Colours Don't Run: 9
Brighter than a Thousand Suns: 10
The Pilgrim: 9
The Longest Day: 10
Out of the Shadows: 10
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg: 10
For the Greater Good of God: 8
Lord of Light: 10
The Legacy: 10
A fantastic album. Top 5 Maiden material for yours truly, right after The Number of the Beast, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Piece of Mind and Powerslave.