8,4 Forostar
8,4 Stallion Duck
8,1 Albie
8,1 LooseCannon
7,9 Cosmiceddie
7,8 mckindog
6,9 Jeffmetal

Who knows...Maybe..
You gave no less than six 10's for this album, others also give many 9's and 10's, especially lately. Actually, it almost looks like a trend in this six member line-up fase.

On the other hand, it might of course mean that these last four albums are seen as some of the best this band ever did.

I try not to overdo this with all those 10's, and often think of my favourite songs from the past, when I doubt if a song really deserves a 9 or 10. But it might be really true that you and those other people really like most of these recent songs more than I do.

But it's hard to measure that. People tend to have different ideas about these rankings.

Come to think of it, you gave a 10 for Different World, so that could make a difference with some of the others.

I'm not so strict about these ratings. When the time comes, I'll probably raise a lot of them.

I started listening to Maiden with reunion albums and Edward The Great compilation in early 2006, and got the rest of discography sometime before AMOL&D was released. So I'm kinda attached to those albums and AMOL&D especially because it was my first "fresh" Maiden album.

That might be the reason why I prefer some of the older stuff. I encountered those albums when I got into hardrock/metal and it means a lot. But seriously, it's not only that. I think some of those older songs really have a lot of quality, still.

edit:
Actually, for TFF, I'll be giving lots of 9's as well, and a few 10's. This one could have been very high in my album ranking, weren't it for one certain track I dislike.  ;)

Wow, I'm the biggest AMOLAD hater on the board?
Jeff, please finish your votes :bigsmile:

For me, it's 2nd lowest, but it's the 4th favourite album of mine.

I think this album's very high ranking in the 2008 review will stand up.

Actually tied for sixth for me.
I guess I generally don't throw out a lot of 10s.
For the record, I think it's an excellent album.

Done. If I didn't make a calculation mistake, it's going to get my highest rating of all so far. Not my favourite album, actually is my 6th favourite but wow :D

Well, no wonder, I had a feeling that you gave very high ratings while your comments weren't so enthusiastic (e.g. in Lord.. and Greater Good.. ). I hope that people do not only blame this rating system but also take a look at themselves when they are very surprised about a huge difference in ranking.

Hope you don't mind I shared my thoughts with you (and others).

Anyway, you are in charge here, I'm only collecting numbers. Thanks for your input, I added your new number one album! ;)  :ok:

I don't really care about these, when we can change them I'm gonna go back through them all and change my votes.

:uhm:

Hold on, maybe I misunderstand you, but that comment makes me doubt a little why I'm collecting your rankings.

If you don't really care (yet), then why do this already? I'd suggest: do not take part, yet.
It would save time. For you to make up your mind. For me to not gather these "not really cared for figures". :/
It will always be possible to give a ranking in a later stadium, when you feel you know the song better.  

On the other hand:
The rankings are absolutelty not my possession, and people are totally free to do what they want here.

However, I still have the wish that this is being done with some care, simply because:
The less unnecessary work everyone puts into it, the better.

Hope you understand that point of view.

Thanks in advance, regards, Forostar

Well yeah I am rating these relative to my other song ratings, but when we are able to change them I'm going to use a different rating system and be a bit harsher. I appreciate you collecting the data Foro.

When I change my results, I'll collect them up for you myself :)

Jupz said:
Well yeah I am rating these relative to my other song ratings, but when we are able to change them I'm going to use a different rating system and be a bit harsher.

Ah, that's what you meant. Thanks for this additional explaining, much appreciated!

Jupz said:
I appreciate you collecting the data Foro.

My pleasure. By the way, if interested: I already planned to do various statistics with these rankings, but after Zare approached me to share this stuff with him (online) we might be able to do more automatic calculations. To be continued!

Jupz said:
When I change my results, I'll collect them up for you myself :)

Cheers! Keep in mind that the updating of all those stats takes quite some time, and I guess we'll only do it once a year or so... not sure yet, we still have to discuss this. But count on it that the frequency will be way lower than now. Expect more explanation somewhere this Spring/Summer.

Ok, thanks and it really will be interesting when I go back and rate them all with my new system to see which albums turn out better then others :)

Thanx, Foro. :ok:

Also, thanx for the praising on the counter. As I complain for the kicks, I shall thank for the praising. :D

Back