VXI - DLTTEOAS, TAATG, LST
BNW - none
DOD - Wildest Dreams, Gates Of Tomorrow
AMOLAD - none
TFF - The Alchemist (sometimes).

The Knife Master said:
What about montsegur?

Acutally the same

I also had this problem with Brighter Than A Thousand Sunds, but that problem eventually disappeared

Donner said:
I know personal preferences and all, but wow.  Those are two fantastic albums you're skipping.

Agreed... It was an impulse reaction to TKM's comment on the FoTD cd... the negative shots about IM always seem to center on NPfTD (5 of the songs I can listen to... the other 5 are hard to sit thru) and FoTD ( most of the songs on this may not be stellar, but I  like them now after many listens).  Then the complaints about  BNW and the change of direction IM took in 2000 and beyond.  I love the last 4 cd's they have released -- TFF just keeps getting better and better!!

I'm listening to IM and Killers  and deciding which songs I like-- it's just gonna take some time for me to really get into them.

Abas said:
Acutally the same

I also had this problem with Brighter Than A Thousand Sunds, but that problem eventually disappeared
You should give it another chance. Perhaps the most energetic song on that album.
Holy Smoke said:
Agreed... It was an impulse reaction to TKM's comment on the FoTD cd... the negative shots about IM always seem to center on NPfTD (5 of the songs I can listen to... the other 5 are hard to sit thru) and FoTD ( most of the songs on this may not be stellar, but I  like them now after many listens).  Then the complaints about  BNW and the change of direction IM took in 2000 and beyond.  I love the last 4 cd's they have released -- TFF just keeps getting better and better!!

I'm listening to IM and Killers  and deciding which songs I like-- it's just gonna take some time for me to really get into them.
I'm usually not a hater. But I literally despise fear of the dark. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

The Knife Master said:
But I literally despise fear of the dark. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

You seem puzzled about the fact that I don't like Montsegur or Mother of Mercy - I have to say that I have the same feeling when you say you despise Fear of the Dark. How come you don't like it?  :ninja:

First, let me give some background. By the age of about 7 I was obsessed with maiden. I knew all their songs (except the Blaze ones) and had every album. I was a very visual person and the whole castle type atmosphere of the album (look at the band pictures if you don't know what I mean) really turned me off. I liked Be Quick Or Be Dead and that was about it. I gave it another chance about 2 or 3 years ago and it didn't do much more for me. The only two songs (Besides BQOBD) that I liked were, Fear Is The Key and ATSS. The rest I didn't like. A problems I have with it is Adrian's Absence. I think he had a big part in Maiden's sound and his departure hurt Maiden more than Bruce's did and it showed a lot on this album. The song writing wasn't that great and for the most part the riffs were forgettable. I probably couldn't sing the opening to Weekend Warrior if you asked me even though I've heard it plenty of times. I don't get the love for tunes like Judas Be My Guide and Childhood's End either. I think the latter is one of the worst on the album. And nowadays I just don't like BQOBD anymore and after the slow part in AFTSS I don't like the song anymore.

I also have a big problem with the lyrics. Especially the title track. I think those are the stupidest set of lyrics ever and it is a shame that it is played on every tour now in place of other songs that deserved to be played live. The lyrics to Fear Of The Dark are either over-political or just plain Goofy. Like From Here To Eternity. And after Fear Is The Key, the album just gets worse and worse. I hate it a lot.

There, that is my rant for the day.

Last edited:
Back