2017 Maidenfans.com Meetup discussion

Are you interested in going to a meetup?

• Total voters
So @Lampwick 43, @terrell39, @Detective Beauregard and I all have seats and are keen to do a meetup before the gig. We should find out what time doors open to make sure we can get in and hop in the line for shirts.

The only downside to Reggie's is that the shuttle bus isn't leaving until 6pm, which means we wouldn't get to the venue before 6:30 w/traffic and delays. If the lines are anything like Vegas, that might be an issue for both getting inside before Raven Age starts (if you care) and getting a t-shirt before they sell out/getting out of the t-shirt line before Maiden hits the stage.

@TheSeventhLifeson, @Powerslave76, and @Lego (I think?) - are you on the floor and what are your thoughts on a meetup?

Reggie's is 4.5 miles from United Center? Scary. What if the shuttle is full or breaks down? Closer place might be wiser...Don't want to miss this show for ANY reason

I'm not going, but I'll offer my two cents anyway, as I know Chicago fairly well. Cabs and Uber are EVERYWHERE in Chicago. So no need to rely on a shuttle. My advice would be to find the best bar that you think will be the most fun, regardless of location, and then cab/Uber to the United Center whenever you want. Chicago is arguably the most fun city in America, so just pick a cool place and do your pre-concert day drinking there!

Reggie's is 4.5 miles from United Center? Scary. What if the shuttle is full or breaks down? Closer place might be wiser...Don't want to miss this show for ANY reason

That is definitely an issue. Gates open at 6:30 PM and lines will be long before that, so I think it'd be smart to be at the UC by 6pm at the latest.

- Bottom Lounge is just under 1 mile from the gig, so that'd be a 20 minute walk or very quick Uber ride and they are supposed to have a free shuttle, as well. They're gonna have Maiden concerts playing on the TVs and it'll probably be pretty cool, despite the $8 Trooper "specials".
- Park Tavern is half a mile from the gig and will be absolutely jammed with Maiden fans, which is both a massive positive and a negative (table/bar space). I've been there, and I doubt they will be playing any Maiden - most likely sports highlights on their 1,000 TVs. But it's an incredibly quick walk from there if you don't want to Uber/cab.

I'm not going, but I'll offer my two cents anyway, as I know Chicago fairly well. Cabs and Uber are EVERYWHERE in Chicago. So no need to rely on a shuttle. My advice would be to find the best bar that you think will be the most fun, regardless of location, and then cab/Uber to the United Center whenever you want. Chicago is arguably the most fun city in America, so just pick a cool place and do your pre-concert day drinking there!

I definitely agree, but timing is certainly an issue.

- Reggie's will probably be the coolest and cheapest place to hang out. However, it's far and their party doesn't start until 4pm, which is a little too close to gate time for my liking. Both of the other bars are starting their festivities at 1pm.

I've only got about an hour to kill before the gates open so I will probably park and then walk down to the Billy Goat for a quick pre concert beverage before the concert.

Chicago just six days away! Those of you w/o GA tix (with seat tix) what time are you wanting to arrive at United Center (so we know what time to set up the meet)?

Toronto show is just 3 days away! My friend backed out last minute so I'm looking for someone to take his place!! I've made a thread about it but I'm posting it here aswell so more people will see! If interested contact me ASAP! GA floor ticket!

Chicago just six days away! Those of you w/o GA tix (with seat tix) what time are you wanting to arrive at United Center (so we know what time to set up the meet)?

I'd like to get there around 6 to make sure I can grab a spot in line for a t-shirt. So...meetup at Bottom Lounge starting at 2?

Bottom lounge website has link to get tickets to trooper party. Do we need tix to hang out at preconcert party?!

Me and my buddy might not be able to be that early but we will see you at Bottom Lounge.
Bottom lounge website has link to get tickets to trooper party. Do we need tix to hang out at preconcert party?!

Sounds good! We'll probably leave around 5:30ish, so any time between then is good.

If you click the "Get Tickets" link it doesn't go anywhere. Also, Bottom Lounge responded on the Facebook event saying it is free.

@Demigod_Tyek - what time are you planning on getting into town for the Chicago gig? We're planning the meetup from 2 - 6pm at the Bottom Lounge and currently gauging interest on a post-show meetup as well. Thoughts?

Indeed! Vegas was like the National Conference of Maidenfans Meetups, but it seems there are a lot of us with home bases in/around Chicago. Not surprising considering how many states and big cities are within a 4-6 hour (at most) drive.

@Demigod_Tyek - what time are you planning on getting into town for the Chicago gig? We're planning the meetup from 2 - 6pm at the Bottom Lounge and currently gauging interest on a post-show meetup as well. Thoughts?

I would definitely be interested in a post-show meetup, if you guys are doing one. I hope to reach Chicago by around 3pm or so... it will be a six hour drive and I plan on leaving around 9am that morning. But I honestly think I am going to head straight to the United Center, because I want to get in line as early as possible since I have a pit ticket and want to get as close as possible to the stage.

So I may not be available beforehand, but since I have a hotel room and am staying the night in Chicago, I would be up for meeting afterwards. Keep me updated on what you all plan to do, and I will do my best to meet some of you guys.

Not going Chicago, but I bet your have a great time, have not yet been abroad to see iron maiden, was looking at Oslo or Gothenburg in June, hopefully lots of here are going. Arenas are slightly better as you can get closer to stage area, but the Gothenburg stadium sounds amazing too!! Went their a few years ago to see Bruce Springsteen, fantastic overall and iron maiden have played there about 5 times or so, fantastic!!

Back