2017 Maidenfans.com Meetup discussion

Are you interested in going to a meetup?

• Total voters
I am up for a US meet up for sure, Europe is a maybe really depending on what is going on at work/what the airfares are.

There's some pretty cheap airbnbs in Dublin near the gig. I'd fly in Friday morning and likely leave Sun-Mon depending on what people like, so some of these are like...$200-$250 cdn to split for a weekend, which is the price of a decent hotel for one night.

London also has pretty good airbnbs.

Belgrade is pretty damn expensive for me.

I have not been that, but in general I have found Eastern Europe is more expensive to get to from North America, but once you are there is is much less expensive (hotels, food, etc) than Western Europe

I have not been that, but in general I have found Eastern Europe is more expensive to get to from North America, but once you are there is is much less expensive (hotels, food, etc) than Western Europe
Luckily Iron Maiden has decided for us that we're not going to Belgrade this year.

Luckily Iron Maiden has decided for us that we're not going to Belgrade this year.

Yeah, that makes it easier, I was just looking at the dates. Dublin should be less expensive than London ... and you can clear US Customs in Dublin on the way back (maybe Canadian too .. not sure) .. but that is a nice feature

So there may be a meet in Dublin an the token Irish wont be there. Unless theres hidden Irish here....:ninja:

Here, Cried, ye drivin from Glasgow te Aberdeen? Il clod ye a 5er for petrol, it'll be some craic lad....

Flights are cheaper for me for sure.

Flying into LHR is always pricey with the landing tax (or whatever they call it) ... there used to be flights to Gatwik or Stansted, but those seem less plentiful than they used to be from the US .. flights were always a few hundred $ cheaper going into one of those

So there may be a meet in Dublin an the token Irish wont be there. Unless theres hidden Irish here....:ninja:

Here, Cried, ye drivin from Glasgow te Aberdeen? Il clod ye a 5er for petrol, it'll be some craic lad....

I'd rather go where they speak English :)

Dublin is expensive but stay away from the tourist trap that is Temple Bar to keep costs down, try Fibbers, big rock bar, band in one area and large indoor/outdoor smokin/seatin area with top tunes. After DC last year there was a DC tribute band playin. Might be same for Maiden. Too much Maiden is never enough Maiden.

Back