18th Studio Album discussion

No, stadium/festival tour most likely. La Defense is a stadium. Probably they do Tele 2 or Friends Arena in Stockholm and Wanda Metropolitan Stadium in Madrid.

La defense is a stadium but they already played there. Also, it's a 36k cap stadium.
Tele 2 is a stadium but they already played there. Also, it's a 37k cap stadium.

Not saying there won't be any big stadiums but if they didn't go for Stade de France I doubt they will go for other stadiums of that size. Tele 2 would be a step down from Ullevi too. But, for example, I'm not holding my breath for stadium shows in Austria, Denmark, Italy, Poland and so on. Probably arenas and festivals.

La defense is a stadium but they already played there. Also, it's a 36k cap stadium.
Tele 2 is a stadium but they already played there. Also, it's a 37k cap stadium.

Not saying there won't be any big stadiums but if they didn't go for Stade de France I doubt they will go for other stadiums of that size. Tele 2 would be a step down from Ullevi too. But, for example, I'm not holding my breath for stadium shows in Austria, Denmark, Italy, Poland and so on. Probably arenas and festivals.
So, we'll see - Iron Maiden Italia is well informed site and they state IM is going to play mostly stadiums in Europe.

So, we'll see - Iron Maiden Italia is well informed site and they state IM is going to play mostly stadiums in Europe.

Wouldn't trust those guys. Also, even 2 stadiums is "mostly stadiums" compared to the 2023 FP leg.

Just realized it's the wrong thread

Maiden can record the album either in early 2025 or after the tour in the winter (like in 2014). Iirc, Maiden wanted to release TBOS in early 2015, so early 2026 (in March like TMP) is likely and will keep the ''5-years plan'' tradition. Also, they will have more time for promotion, unlike if they release it at the end of 2025.

When Bruce mentioned the secret plans for next year, he also said that Maiden's plans will allow him to make his solo plans. That's kind of a key statement. He will definitely want a longer break after this year and Maiden will definitely want to tour in the summer. He also mentioned 90 shows planned for next year as well. It's really possible. I don't expect Maiden tour to be long. The festivals, arenas and some stadiums.
3rd leg of TFP will be a stagnancy, but this is most likely for me -> Feb-April (new album recorded), late May-early July (Maiden tour, 3rd leg), Sep-late Nov (Bruce solo tour, 2nd leg, US), March 2026 (new album release), 2026 tour starts in May or June (through August/September as usual).

Early can also mean April of 2025. So maybe they record from Feb to April & then he goes on tour.
This also fits everything, like this year, but is less likely.

Maiden can record the album either in early 2025 or after the tour in the winter (like in 2014). Iirc, Maiden wanted to release TBOS in early 2015, so early 2026 (in March like TMP) is likely and will keep the ''5-years plan'' tradition. Also, they will have more time for promotion, unlike if they release it at the end of 2025.

When Bruce mentioned the secret plans for next year, he also said that Maiden's plans will allow him to make his solo plans. That's kind of a key statement. He will definitely want a longer break after this year and Maiden will definitely want to tour in the summer. He also mentioned 90 shows planned for next year as well. It's really possible. I don't expect Maiden tour to be long. The festivals, arenas and some stadiums.
3rd leg of TFP will be a stagnancy, but this is most likely for me -> Feb-April (new album recorded), late May-early July (Maiden tour, 3rd leg), Sep-late Nov (Bruce solo tour, 2nd leg, US), March 2026 (new album release), 2026 tour starts in May or June (through August/September as usual).

This also fits everything, like this year, but is less likely.
I'm starting to think we see the 3rd Leg of the current tour in 2025. It should be similar to the 2014 shows of the ME Tour. And (of course) Bruce's shows from August 'til December - over 60 gigs. So, everything should be OK (according to the plan). In 2026 we see a new album premiere and proper tour embracing the whole world.

I'm starting to think we see the 3rd Leg of the current tour in 2025. It should be similar to the 2014 shows of the ME Tour. And (of course) Bruce's shows from August 'til December - over 60 gigs. So, everything should be OK (according to the plan). In 2026 we see a new album premiere and proper tour embracing the whole world.
If that’s the case then they’ll have to release the new album early 2026 assuming they’d wanna tour it.

A 50th anniversary promo campaign to market the new album would appeal to Rod.

As for another hybrid tour, I can see this. POM could be the album they use, digging out Icarus and debuting Sun and Steel for example. They might retain Alexander as well, or dig out To Tame a Land (given a new generation is hyped about Dune now)

Or, if its a 50 anniversary mash up tour, that there is some sort of guff along the lines of 'the most foundational songs in Maiden's catalogue... the songs that made the band...'

Last edited:
We just have talked about the 2026 release, no way Bruce'll release his next solo CD before recapitulating the comic series in 2027. His next studio album is a completely different project. I think IM album will be recorded in the early weeks of 2025 and slated to be released in 2026.

We just have talked about the 2026 release, no way Bruce'll release his next solo CD before recapitulating the comic series in 2027. His next studio album is a completely different project. I think IM album will be recorded in the early weeks of 2025 and slated to be released in 2026.

Bruce said he'll be back on the road with his solo band at the beginning of next year, so they're not recording in early 2025.

Finally, they may record a new album at the end of 2025/early 2026 to release this one in September as usual.

Could be since Bruce called it a "big tour". I guess they'll want to show something at least as spectacular as Legacy of the Beast, if not even more advanced than that.

And then Bruce will be free to record as many albums and play as many tours as he wants. Sounds like a reasonable scenario.

It depends on how long Bruce tour will be. He also said he will be on tour 'til the end of next year.

Honestly, I think we should just start accepting SJ might be their last one.

Maybe, but I would call their decision astonishing. They always have ideas, which I can believe, had already booked a studio, but now they have decided that these ideas don't need to be put into a form and released.
Unusual for artists. And I think that musicians, with a few exceptions, usually want to test their new music live, if at all possible.
Being a pure studio band is not the same.

Maybe, but I would call their decision astonishing. They always have ideas, which I can believe, had already booked a studio, but now they have decided that these ideas don't need to be put into a form and released.
Unusual for artists. And I think that musicians, with a few exceptions, usually want to test their new music live, if at all possible.
Being a pure studio band is not the same.

They simply don't have time anymore. I think it's the only band with the members getting busier and busier with the time.

Doesn't Bruce have little time too? When will he write and record his presumed 2026 solo album? Considering he might even have to find a new partner instead of Roy Z.

Back