Crazy news 'round the globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
There used to be a website where you could try out nuking various areas according to the power of actual bombs available. I was able to destroy the town centre of the town I used the live in, and the fallout wasn't expected to reach my house.

Mini shroom of doom.

They've already been banned in India, and I don't remember there being too much backlash.
It was news in the U.S cuz, you know, FREEDOM. Except that it was overwhelmingly approved by both houses of congress and it doesn't violate free speech as he is banning the companies, not chatting per se and he framed it as a national security issue (being spied on).

There is absolutely no infrigement of any freedom, let alone freedom of speech even if you ban every top IT company in the world, in a scenario where they abuse so much power that it's warranted for. The internet is a free system in itself. These companies make something already possible with technical expertise a no brainer, like sharing stupid videos on TikTok. If every video sharing platform dissapeared tommorow, you're still free to share with other internet users if you know how to do it without assistance of a product.

Imagine you have a base motorcycle/scooter available for everyone for cheap, in many countries the quality of that standard scooter is standardized by law and it's not a low standard. However it's manual shift. There's a company or companies that make seamless auto-gear-shifter addon, but the CEO has been raping ducks and now the company is in shambles and there are no autoshifters on the market and the deployed ones stop working because of whatever reason. Even if the scooter was a human right, it would not be impaired, because you can learn how to manual shift. And you can produce autoshifter yourself. There are still tons of options available, even without those commercial entities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back