NOW WATCHING

Twilight? I never thought Cried was a 15-year-old girl. :p

For some reason I got sidetracked watching Hill House. Probably because part 2 of Making a Murderer came out, which I just finished by the way. I think I'm gonna have to start over with Hill House. What do you think of it so far?
It's really well made and the story is very intriguing so far. Currently watching episode 4. I must say the relationship between the siblings, both as kids and as grown-ups, is what I find the most interesting.

I’ve been meaning to watch that one once I get through Twin Peaks season 2. How scary is it?
There are some jump scares, but it's not too bad. Give it a try.

I just got back from seeing Bohemian Rhapsody. Pretty good, didn't love it though. Really enjoyed the stuff with the band but felt like it was zipping through Freddie's story a little quickly. I'm not a huge fan of Queen, don't know a great deal about them and I left feeling as though I haven't learned anything new.

Just watched season two of making a murderer. Such a sad story. I feel sorry for the Nephew, so many years in prison for nothing. Currently watching Outlaw King, great costums and sets, gritty, raw.

lotr_background1.png
Probably my favorite LOTR film.

Given it was Remembrance Sunday yesterday, I have to watch some Blackadder Goes Forth. One of the greatest British sitcoms ever made.

TWD:

I liked the time jump, makes it feel a little less repetitive with the "set up new sanctuary/villain ruins it/defeat villain" thing they've got going on. Didn't think I'd miss Rick as much as I did, but it was nice for other characters to step up, especially Michonne. Judith is pretty annoying though. Also not sure about Gabriel/Rosita, not the most believable pairing.

Carol burning down the Saviours or whoever they were was awesome. Don't screw with Carol.

The Whisperers... before, I thought they sounded pretty stupid. People wearing walker skin and talking to them? Come on. But, I thought they were pretty spooky in this episode. Looking forward to seeing more in the rest of the series.

Finished part 2 of Making a Murderer.... I feel sorry for the Dassey kid.

Saw Outlaw King, man, was it gritty and raw. My gf complained about how "clean" Bruce's wife looked, which is true. Specially compared to how grungey, dingy and scruffy the men looked. It almost felt like Braveheart done right. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Braveheart, one of my favorite movies, but it did come under fire for it's gross historical inaccuracies. From timeline to dress to events, etc. So, by "done right," I meant trying to get it historically accurate.

Also watched Unfriended: Dark Web and it was a surprisingly good movie. I enjoyed the first, but I REALLY liked this sequel because the protagonists are decent people, no real reason for them to suffer the fates they did compared to the original and the idea of a gang of assasins for hire is much more plausible than the antagonist of the first. Both fun movies, but this is the rare sequel that definitely surpasses the original

Back