NOW WATCHING

Also watched:

apostle-poster.jpg
What is this?

I just finished watching the first Dirty Harry movie. It's one of those classic movies that I just never got around to before, except from watching clips of the famous "do you feel lucky" monologue. I can definitly see why this movie became a classic and influenced countless cop movies.

I just finished watching the first Dirty Harry movie. It's one of those classic movies that I just never got around to before, except from watching clips of the famous "do you feel lucky" monologue. I can definitly see why this movie became a classic and influenced countless cop movies.

Excellent film. They're all great, but Sudden Impact is probably the next best Harry film after the first. I love Clint, been watching a lot of his films over the past year or so.

Excellent film. They're all great, but Sudden Impact is probably the next best Harry film after the first. I love Clint, been watching a lot of his films over the past year or so.

The only other Dirty Harry movie on netflix right now is the last one, which I might watch and then perhaps try and find 2, 3 and 4 :)

What's your verdict? I saw the trailer for it I believe a few weeks ago but haven't gotten around to it yet.
The pacing & atmosphere of the first half are really good; the second half has lots of nonsense to shoehorn in & it kind of loses it a bit. Overall a decent watch &, stepping back from the execution, an engaging overall idea. It lacked, certainly first half, lots of clichéd horror "jump" moments; & for that reason I enjoyed that aspect of the film i.e. the atmosphere. It had a decent score too.

What's your verdict? I saw the trailer for it I believe a few weeks ago but haven't gotten around to it yet.
I want to know too. It's on my waiting list, but now I'm watching The Haunting of Hill House. I'm always a few weeks behind. :S

Edit: And I was late again...

The pacing & atmosphere of the first half are really good; the second half has lots of nonsense to shoehorn in & it kind of loses it a bit. Overall a decent watch &, stepping back from the execution, an engaging overall idea. It lacked, certainly first half, lots of clichéd horror "jump" moments; & for that reason I enjoyed that aspect of the film i.e. the atmosphere. It had a decent score too.

I'll try it out, thanks for the review!

Have you seen this one?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/under_the_shadow

I want to know too. It's on my waiting list, but now I'm watching The Haunting of Hill House. I'm always a few weeks behind. :S

Edit: And I was late again...

For some reason I got sidetracked watching Hill House. Probably because part 2 of Making a Murderer came out, which I just finished by the way. I think I'm gonna have to start over with Hill House. What do you think of it so far?

Back