USA Politics

So....that press conference.

GOP is proving its lack of spine by having only those who don't want to be re-elected or who are about to die say anything against Trump. If this were 1933 and Washington were Berlin, GOP would be called DNVP.

Or are they happy to use him to get a few things they'd like? It's not every day you get populist support served up on a platter.

So....that press conference.
37408434_10213828435678807_7368662870470426624_n.jpg

37390814_10215008828127346_3690841315018276864_n.jpg

One of my conservative friends recently posted a meme claiming loyalty to Trump and support for a 2020 reelection... Scary.

One of my conservative friends recently posted a meme claiming loyalty to Trump and support for a 2020 reelection... Scary.
He sounds like a very bad (or sick!) guy!

Let's face it guys, he's going to get re-elected in 2020. The Democrats won't put forward a credible candidate and Trump's core support will give him an electoral college victory. One of his lackeys will then out forward the suggestion that the constitution be amended to allow Trump to continue into a third term. He'll fire Mike Pence and replace him with Ivanka, who will then run for president in 2028. #TrumpDynasty

Let's face it guys, he's going to get re-elected in 2020. The Democrats won't put forward a credible candidate and Trump's core support will give him an electoral college victory.

The Republicans will soar through the Midterms, unless something seriously bad happens. Like, three consecutive hurricanes devastating Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Texas in two weeks in early October, the Trump administration failing to respond and white people dying because of it. Even then, I know some will blame the Democrats on it, but it might not be enough. But for everything else, a Republican victory is practically guaranteed. You can always ask your Saudi and Russian friends to lower the oil prices just in time.
About the 2020 elections, I think you're spot on. The Trumpists will pull every trick in the book to win and demonise the Democrats if they even try to do the same. Basically, the only thing that can stop Trump from being re-elected is if he dies of a heart attack from too much KFC.

One of his lackeys will then out forward the suggestion that the constitution be amended to allow Trump to continue into a third term.

I'm seriously expecting that. There will be people who think that Trump is the best president ever, because they don't notice how the world around their heartland suburb is going down in flames.

Yep. Until a young reality TV star runs against him, he's there to stay. Or he gets bored, of course, he might well do that.

The Republicans will soar through the Midterms, unless something seriously bad happens.
Historically this has almost never been the case. The only recent exceptions were 1998, where the Republicans' impeachment of Bill Clinton had turned off voters enough to work against their party, and 2002, when 9/11 was still so fresh that people decided to support the party in power.

If the votes move 9-10% in the Democrats' direction, they will retake the House. Special elections since Trump's election have generally shown a swing of 15-30% toward the Democrats so far.

Trump's behavior in office will motivate his base, but tend to suppress any center-right independents who gave him a chance in 2016. Meanwhile the Democratic base is about as motivated as you could possibly imagine, and center-left independents have been appalled by what they've seen.

The Senate is a big question mark, because more Democratic seats are up for re-election than Republican seats, but the House is looking like a pretty sure bet to go Democratic based on history and momentum. (That said, people thought Hillary Clinton was a sure bet too -- but she had incredibly high negatives, even among her own voting base.)

Unless, of course, the Republicans have managed to suppress the vote in states they control efficiently enough via their various vote suppression/manipulation programs (voter roll purges, forcing the use of picture IDs while simultaneously reducing the amount of DMVs available to populations that traditionally don't carry drivers licenses, and the use of the 2010 gerrymander) plus Russian intervention, after all, why wouldn't they intervene (social media assaults, hacking voter databases, and using groups like the NRA to launder huge amounts of money to Republican candidates).

I'm seriously expecting that. There will be people who think that Trump is the best president ever, because they don't notice how the world around their heartland suburb is going down in flames.
It will come about from Trump suggesting to one of his lackeys behind-the-scenes that the constitution should be amended and this lackey will go on Fox News to let the world know he/she thought about it. The Republican senators will go along with it because Trump's supporters give the party their power.
You guys realize this is all building to the only person being able to take down Donald Trump is.....The Rock.
He is a Republican too.

I don't think the establishment Republican support behind Trump is strong enough to support a third term. They've warmed to him because he governs more conservative than they thought, but I doubt they'd approve such a remarkable change to the constitution.

The big thing about changing the Constitution is that it requires 2/3rd in the House and Senate, and 75% of states.

plus Russian intervention, after all, why wouldn't they intervene (social media assaults, hacking voter databases, and using groups like the NRA to launder huge amounts of money to Republican candidates).

Russia has infiltrated GOP, for sure. They're pushing an all destructive agenda through their GOP cronies and NRA. Destructive for US society as we know it. It is the same thing that happened, just with opposite sides in early 1990s, when policies of US thinktanks supported by US govt got implemented by newly formed Russia, ending as even larger disaster in their economy. However back then it was Russia that approached the US seeking help, restructure and relief and got screwed. Now we have US that doesn't need Russia in any way yet they're dancing to their song, because power structures in US decided they're not rich enough and obviously started using Russian oligarchy to maximize personal profits, bringing them under Russian leverage.

Russians are supporting anything that destabilizes U.S., from SJW groups to KKK, from NRA to hippies. I don't blame them. I blame the part of American public that is allowing it needlessly to happen.

You guys realize this is all building to the only person being able to take down Donald Trump is.....The Rock.
I was racking my brain for a suitable celebrecandidate. Arnie would be an obvious competitor but he's not allowed. Chuck Norris?

Chuck Norris is as conservative as they get. I think he ended up supporting Trump.

People have been bringing up Oprah Winfrey repeatedly.

If the Democrats can't find a single candidate who appeals more to the centre voters than Trump ...:facepalm: they still have more than one and a half year to find one.

The Trump base will stick with him even if he balances on the edge of impeachment for the next two years, of course. As for the swing voters, I guess they will usually stick with the incumbent President as long as things aren't looking too bad? So, if he doesnt't do something that is seen as a complete disaster by a majority of Americans ... his chances are probably good.

Back