Official Hockey discussion thread

So thus far we have The rangers coach, who's last name I can't spell (Vinault?), Flames coach and Hitchcock retired. 3 out of 17, who next?

Yeah, that seems to be the prevailing opinion. I'm not sure he's as good as he gets credit for, but Calgary has a historic obsession with hiring Alberta coaches.

Man, tougher than I expected, but the Pens wrap it up in six. Now the Bruins need to end theirs tomorrow!

HOLY CRAP, I nearly had a heart attack! Bruins played with my emotions all damn game, but finally got it together in the 3rd period. Freakin' miracle.

Anywho, my predictions are Bruins, Pens, Preds and Golden Knights. And look at that, Flames did hire Peters after all. Nice call.

Ok, a couple of things. First, WTF is up with the officiating in these playoffs? Sure the Bruins game caused some controversy, but I've seen some highly questionable calling or not calling of penalties in every series. The icings for example. They get waved off at the whim of the ref, or they call it when it is being dumped from the freaking blue line. No consistency whatsoever.

Second thing. So Lou is out as Toronto GM and moving to assistant director. His original contract stated he would hold the position for three years and then move on. While everything is going according to the contract, what an odd contract. Why just three year? How much can you really do in 3 years? Why not at least 5? His biggest deal landed on his lap by winning the draft lottery. Is it because he is 75?

How 'bout them Knights, though? So fun to watch.

Honestly, I think the NHL should just go to no-touch icing. Hybrid icing is pure crap. Just go to no-touch, there's never anything interesting and only danger that occurs from an icing chase.

Lou is also in his late 60s or early 70s if I recall.

And yeah, the Knights are good, but I'm still cheering for the Jets. If they win...it would be beautiful.

I agree with the no-touch, which is what they have been sticking with more often than not.

As for the teams, I'm rooting for the Jets, The Knights, the Pens and the Bruins. As they fall or remain I figure I'll have a horse in the race. It would suck if it ends up Nashville/Tampa or Caps. I'd root for the Preds, but still, not first choice

For me, it goes like this:
Jets>Preds>Knights>Pens>Bruins>Sharks>Lightning>Caps

I want to watch an epic meltdown in Washington after they lose to the Pens again.

For me, it goes like this:
Jets>Preds>Knights>Pens>Bruins>Sharks>Lightning>Caps

I want to watch an epic meltdown in Washington after they lose to the Pens again.

LOL, That would be nice and it looks like it might go to 7 games again after the pens being unable to hold the lead. Not as bad a meltdown as the one by the Preds. Just hoping Boston's game goes better tonight, not just in play, but in officiating.

Looks like the Bruin's overachieving is coming to an end. I'm ok with that. At least we have Vegas still kicking ass, last night was close. Hopefully the Pens can keep WSH on its heels

yeah, I thought the Bruins would have the ability to tough this one out, but it seems not. Alas!

My brother says Tampa may be the best re out of the east. Don’t know about best, but definitely deepest

Well, shit just got real. WSH moves on, I hope they destroy Tampa. out west... Game 7 NSH v Jets! I'm rooting for all three teams left so It's good fun either way. With the Pens gone, it's pretty wide-open now.

The Lehigh Valley Phantoms and Charlotte Checkers played the longest game in American Hockey League history on Wednesday night, so it was appropriate that there was a historic performance to go along with it.

Phantoms goalie Alex Lyon obliterated the team record with 94 saves in a 2-1 quintuple-overtime win in Game 4 of the Calder Cup playoff series between the AHL affiliates of the Philadelphia Flyers and Carolina Hurricanes.

The five-overtime win saw 86:48 played in extra time, making it the longest game in AHL history. The Phantoms took a 3-1 lead in the second-round series as Alex Krushelnyski provided the game-winner.

That is amazing! AHL hockey is incredibly entertaining on it's own, things like this are a great bonus.

Am I the only one that smells a WSH sweep? Bahahaha, eat it Tampa!

No, I think Tampa can gut out winning one in Washington, but that's it. Caps in 5. The Knights-Jets series feels like it might be going to 7 though.

I was about to say, never mind, because that's exactly what happened. Hope that wakes Washington up. I agree with the western series. What's hilarious is I find myself rooting for all the teams lol. Even with my distaste for Tampa, if they have a power play or they score I cheer hahaha. Mark of a true fan, enjoy the game no matter what.

Back