Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Happy 22nd anniversary, 'Rock In Rio'. :hbd:

View attachment 35275
I spent hours watching this. I would sit there transcribing melodies and solos from the video. I could probably tell you what happens frame by frame. That’s even more impressive when you think of the editing.

It’s still my favourite live album and probably my desert island Maiden disc.

I spent hours watching this. I would sit there transcribing melodies and solos from the video. I could probably tell you what happens frame by frame. That’s even more impressive when you think of the editing.

It’s still my favourite live album and probably my desert island Maiden disc.
Have you ever checked out Adrian's isolated guitar audio? It's on YouTube and it's fantastic, so many little details!

Okay. So is the Fade out in Hell on Earth that catchy?! Cause I still can’t stop rewinding to that part after the songs ended. Just love love love it. Just has a very ominous and haunting feel to it.

It’s funny that everyone loves Rock in Rio so much given that it’s a spotlight show for Jannick, whereas Adrian barely has any solos. Still a great show, though.
The atmosphere is unmatched in my opinion, the setlist was very creative at the time, everyone is in top form. There are so many little magical moments on that album.

Maiden England and Death On The Road used to be my favorites, but over time Rock In Rio took over. Doesn't hurt that for once Bruce's voice wasn't shot (Live After Death) and he wasn't sick (ME, DOTR, NOTD) lol

It’s funny that everyone loves Rock in Rio so much given that it’s a spotlight show for Jannick, whereas Adrian barely has any solos. Still a great show, though.
Adrian definitely compensates a ton with how much rhythm guitar stuff he does and how he's pretty high in the mix (on the DVD in particular where the entire center channel is just him, other than during the Trooper and TETMD solos where him and Janick are panned hard left and right). That drop D crunch in particular is majestic in Hallowed for example.

Their best live album for me at least
Forever!
Literally everything is top-notch about it (maybe without the stage set). Perfect concert, especially for Bruce(!). Adrian had 7 solos in the set (he doesn't have many solos on BNW album, unlike right away from the next albums), Janick had 10 solos. Trooper and Evil That Men Do are played together. Adrian's rhythm guitar (live fills and harmony) are essential for every concerts, no doubt about that.
Okay. So is the Fade out in Hell on Earth that catchy?! Cause I still can’t stop rewinding to that part after the songs ended. Just love love love it. Just has a very ominous and haunting feel to it.
The whole song, every part of it - is one of the catchiest long pieces the band has written.

Last edited:
Forever!

Literally everything is top-notch about it (maybe without the stage set). Perfect concert, especially for Bruce(!). Adrian had 7 solos in the set (he doesn't have many solos on BNW album, unlike right away from the next albums), Janick had 10 solos. Trooper and Evil That Men Do are played together. Adrian's rhythm guitar (live fills and harmony) are essential for the concerts for sure.

The whole song, every part of it - is one of the catchiest long pieces the band has written.
Amen brother

Back