The Future Past Tour 2024

I do find it curious that they had plans until 2026, I don't think 3 years of TFPT followed by 1 year of a new tour makes sense, which kinda makes me lean towards a new 2 year tour starting next year.
This.

Most likely a Hits tour, with an option to extend until 2027. They have plenty of time to think of the theme and the stage. We know Maiden don't celebrate anniversaries (live), but this time it's 50 years, so who knows. And with such a tour they can play more deep cuts. They won't release a new album when Bruce is on tour again next year, so if they don't record it in 2025, then early 2026 with a summer release so they can tour that year. Sounds plausible, if they want it. But for this to happen, next year must be the 3rd leg of TFP. They need free time for a few months, and the time has to be right as they said. I'm really curious about the approach for another album. Also, I wonder if they will use this year's tour formula for a future tour.

They settled the lyrics dispute. As far as I'm aware The Nomad has never been part of the discussions.
It's entirely possible the settlement could've included a clause concerning The Nomad too, like a lump sum paid for it with the agreement Iron Maiden will never play it live. This would avoid the complications arising from the original authors of the lifted section getting no royalties from live performances of the song and would be binding so it'd likely be satisfactory for their demands.

I saw Korn live playing a bit of Metallica's One, and a recording of a concert where GNR played a bit of Sail Away Sweet Sister by Queen.
So how does this work - is it a sin only when they pretend it's their own song? Or where is a distinction between tribute and theft?

I saw Korn live playing a bit of Metallica's One, and a recording of a concert where GNR played a bit of Sail Away Sweet Sister by Queen.
So how does this work - is it a sin only when they pretend it's their own song? Or where is a distinction between tribute and theft?
Playing a cover is different than plagiarizing a song. You can play music from other artists without any issue most of the time (recording a cover is different though). The problem here is that The Nomad is solely credited to Maiden members even though parts of it are lifted from a different song. Same thing with the lyrics in Hallowed.

I can cover Afraid To Shoot Strangers without issue. If I write a song, original intro, original outro but in the middle I play the middle section of ATSS and pretend I'm the one who wrote the entire thing, then that's problematic.

I think Maiden were just playing it safe while there was an ongoing court case.

In the latest Talk is Jericho podcast Bruce said people will be happy with what Maiden will do in the next 3 years.
To me, this declaration sounds as if they've planned something a bit different for 2025 - 2027. So The Future Past will end this year in Sao Paulo. I think Iron Maiden is preparing something different maybe a big 50 Anni tour with elaborated stage shows and some never-played tunes?! I hope I'm right this time!

To me, this declaration sounds as if they've planned something a bit different for 2025 - 2027. So The Future Past will end this year in Sao Paulo. I think Iron Maiden is preparing something different maybe a big 50 Anni tour with elaborated stage shows and some never-played tunes?! I hope I'm right this time!
Most likely no.

That basically says that there will probably be no new album.

Could be an epics tour, yeah. That makes sense and Alex remains.

It doesn't completely rule out a new album. They might still record in early next year (February to April, let's say), start the tour in July and release it in late 2025. But I think it will be just too much for the band at this point. They would just have a break in January, then it would be writing & recording until April (at least), possibly have May free and then they would need to start to rehearse for the brand new tour. It's Maiden so they can pull it off, but it doesn't seem likely.

Considering that Bruce openly stated multiple times that he wants to do SSOASS and Rime again, epics tour is on the cards.

Imagine a setlist with Rime, Alex and SSOASS in it. Add Paschendale, Clansman, Hell On Earth, The Book Of Souls, Hallowed, When The Wild Wind Blows, FTGGOG, FOTD and Phantom and you have a hell of a tour.

Also, if they do epics and do stadiums, I think they could bring a small orchestra with them. It has been a wish by both Bruce and Nicko for a while.

Considering that Bruce openly stated multiple times that he wants to do SSOASS and Rime again, epics tour is on the cards.

Imagine a setlist with Rime, Alex and SSOASS in it. Add Paschendale, Clansman, Hell On Earth, The Book Of Souls, Hallowed, When The Wild Wind Blows, FTGGOG, FOTD and Phantom and you have a hell of a tour.

Also, if they do epics and do stadiums, I think they could bring a small orchestra with them. It has been a wish by both Bruce and Nicko for a while.
Infinite Dreams please

I doubt an epics tour would work.

Plagiarism.

The last part of the song looks vaguely like to the instrumental part in "The Nomad", but it's not so explicit. I understand that Beckett needs money and thinks that sueing Iron Maiden to get some money is the easiestway to do it instead of getting off their asses and getting back to writing new songs and releasing a new album since 1974.

Last edited:
They will play more songs they didn't play yet (Only the Good Die Young, Flash of the Blade) and some deep, deep cuts (To Tame a Land).
I think there are several reasons why they didn't play those songs before and with them having 70 years I doubt we'll ever see songs like Flash of the Blade played live.

Nicko played To Tame a Land recently, so who knows.

"Anniversary tour" makes me think a very safe set basically like the 80’s hits, the Iron maiden song, Fear of the dark, The wicker man, El dorado, Speed of light and Writing on the wall. I really hope I’m wrong of course:facepalm:

Hope another album with 3-4 new songs, a couple of staples and a few rare/never played songs again!

Back