Bruce Dickinson

Folks, there are no "quality differences", that's just wishful thinking. This is literally what the album sounds like for better or worse. Compare Afterglow and Rain on the copy with the single versions and you'll see that they sound the same.

Get used to it: the production should've been better, but unfortunately isn't.

no way, the leaked versions i got is much worse than afterglow or rain on spotify/apple. if i'm not playing these mp3s through the wrong app or whatever...

no way, the leaked versions i got is much worse than afterglow or rain on spotify/apple. if i'm not playing these mp3s through the wrong app or whatever...
I severely doubt that. It's 2024, people. We don't have to convert files in the weirdest way possible anymore. You don't have to rip a file in a difficult process and be careful to not introduce artifacts.

The leak is legit and sounds exactly how the album sounds like; there's no hope for a better production. The sooner people accept that the sooner they can get over it.

I think vocals are too forward in the mix to the point where I hear Bruce breathing in before every verse.
This can be heard on Rain and both singles have a slightly different mix, which is not good, but I don't think it's that bad. They sound better with headphones though. Maybe Roy had a part in it too, but I think Bruce should have just let him produce it alone or called in Andy Sneap.
Listened to it 1.5 times. First impression is that I do not like this album. There are moments which I like for example when that cool riff kicks in mid way through shadow of the gods but overall I don't really like any of the songs apart from Mistress of Mercy and Shadow of the Gods.
the drumming is pretty average and something seems also off in timing with how the verse sections are sung by Bruce.
The lyrics also does not flow naturally to me.
Overall I think this is my least favorite out of all Bruce albums so far.
It said to be a grower. I don't think there's even a small chance this album will be my least favorite (I mean, the debut). But I noticed that so far Bruce's solo discography is universally liked, every album.
Not cool to hear that about the drumming, even though most of the songs will be mid-tempo. About the flow of the lyrics and verses sections, I think Steve is ''better'' at this aspect.

My general impression after first listen... Album to me feels like a demo, not finished product. There's few hooks that are recognisable at first listen. Bruce's vocals in most songs sounds bad/in background (listening through stereo system). Still hoping for better version of the album. I'll put it this way, to me this album feels like a missing link between Skunkworks and Accident of Birth.
Listening to Eternity Has Failed I've felt like it was some sort of parody. (it's because I was used to Maiden version of the song) Many Doors To Hell most hit'ish song.
Later will listen through earphones and will see how my opinion will transform.

If you can resist, maybe wait for the full album quality. I did not think about it, I was too surprised and excited so I jumped on it immediately, but maybe waiting a few days wouldn't kill me.

Back