The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he (Rod) the voice of reason to your more artistic mind-set?

Both of us would like to believe we are the voice of reason. Actually, we don’t bump heads too often. But if we both think we’re right about something then we’ll fight. Not to the death… but not far off it. :lol:

With all due respect, some of those combinations are terrible.

If we could have Bruce singing like in 2008, I would probably go with a combo of Powerslave and AMOLAD, with 5 songs from each album and including The Longest Day among them.

Yep, I think the idea of this tour works because it's a combo of the "new" album and a big album that's been overlooked.

If you go back to other over looked albums, you really only have Killers, No Prayer, X Factor and VXI and maybe all the reunion albums bar Brave New World.

They aren't going to combine a new album and a reunion era album as much as I'd like them to, and Killers got a shout out before on the Early Days tour. The other three, lets face it, there aren't a lot of people clamouring to hear hidden gems from them live.

Last edited:
"I don’t see this as an award anyway. They [the Royal Mail] contacted us because, I suppose, they thought they could sell a few stamps."

At least Steve knows exactly why they were picked.

I'm actually surprised with how successful this has been with Maiden fans.

Anyway the band or Steve/ Rod didn't choose great pictures from the band for stamps maybe they didn't pay copyrights to some photographers.

Yep, I think the idea of this tour works because it's a combo of the "new" album and a big album that's been overlooked.

If you go back to other over looked albums, you really only have Killers, No Prayer, X Factor and VXI and maybe all the reunion albums bar Brave New World.

They aren't going to combine a new album and a reunion era album as much as I'd like them to, and Killers got a shout out before on the Early Days tour. The other three, lets face it, there aren't a lot of people clamouring to hear hidden gems from them live.
I agree with your first sentence and about Killers. FOTD is also an over looked album, but they will probably never do a 90's era tour. TFF too.
But they can do a proper Reunion celebration tour now that they have 6 albums. The stage set would be curious. They can do that after this tour in 2025 (the next Hits tour if there is one), but I think they will prefer to do a 50th anniversary classics tour or most likely a new album tour.
They can always play some 90's songs during the album tours.

^ Edit: or... they just should have already done a Deep Cuts/Rarely played live songs tour (1 leg).

And they also chose SIT because they don't have a full concert from the tour (unlike AMOLAD). Btw, AMOALD and probably Senjutsu are really the perfect albums to be played live as a whole from the Reunion era (not BNW because they needed the classics then).

My picks were what I would like, not what is realistic.

Last edited:
"I don’t see this as an award anyway. They [the Royal Mail] contacted us because, I suppose, they thought they could sell a few stamps."

At least Steve knows exactly why they were picked.

I'm actually surprised with how successful this has been with Maiden fans.
I'm not surprised. The fact these stamps are amongst the last ones to be printed with the queens head combined with the very affordable price point makes them the ideal purchase for collectors.

Even my mum bought some to hold onto and flog in a few years ha ha

I'm not surprised.

What surprised me wasn't so much that they sold well, I reckon anything Maiden will do pretty well anyway. But there's a thread on the fc forum with 1.5 k posts on it, and has been pretty active the whole time since the stamps were announced and I genuinely didn't think people would be that interested in stamps.

At this point, give me anything I haven't heard before! SIT is not my favorite album, I think Alexander is overrated but I'd probably enjoy it much more than hearing Aces High / The Evil that Man Do, The Trooper and similar for n-th time. (at least I'd collect huge meme material after that gig.)

Oh, and the Parchment. Give me that.

I've seen them 12 times on every tour since 2005 and haven't heard single song from NPFTD. Give me "Holy Smoke."
Fu** it, I'll even take "Hooks in You."

ADDENDUM:
I can't believe biggest SIT fan on this forum (Zare) deleted his account before they announced this tour. Damn it, man...

Was just listening to "Dream of Mirrors" when I noticed the first line:

Imagine Maiden picking up this song during the Future Past tour. I know it's very unlikely but it would still be very cool! Definitely one of my favorite songs from BNW!
Funnily enough, when I was younger and my English was much worse, I misheard this lyric as "How beloved I felt" for the longest time lol

I need to listen to those two back-to-back. I, unlike 99% of the world, absolutely love Virtual XI, but it was also the first "new" Maiden album I got that I immediately liked. I became a fan shortly after Bruce left, The X Factor was my first "new" Maiden album, but it took time to get into. Virtual XI I dug from the get-go. Is it perfect? Hell no. Does it have a stupid title? Yep. Is the football/metal mash-up concept cringey? Oh yeah. Was it a weird-ass idea to record a nine-minute version of Angel and the Gambler--complete with crowd participation repetitiveness built-in as a studio track? Hell yes. Do I love it anyway? Yep.

Obviously BNW was a step up in pretty much every conceivable way, so it'll be interesting to relisten to those with an ear toward finding the similarities.
I liked Virtual XI much better than The X Factor. Virtual XI was a little poppier and an easier listen than the unrelentingly grim and depressing gray monolith that was The X Factor.

That said, Virtual XI is still the second worst Maiden album after The X Factor. I don’t think it’s a bad album at all, but in any list something has to occupy the bottom.

I would sell my grandmother to hear Wasting Love again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back