Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

well, inside information from skunkworks period: bruce went to rock & roll hall of fame in the mid 90's while on tour and indeed gave his jacket (or sth) to the museum, had a great time etc. they didn't go to the grammies, or the brit awards (video acceptance) i don't think they will go to this one. it's hard for all the six of them to meet in one place other than the tours, tour rehearsals or recordings... but let's see.
^ This is a possible scenario and especially easy for Bruce haha. I think you are right with your last sentence. Priest appearance was when they were still on tour. Maybe Bruce had a different opinion in the 90's, although he needed more attention as a solo artist (unbelievable but true for any solo artist).

The R&RH are thrilled about Maiden lol:

I hope they don't show up, if they're induced. The hall exists due to Rock 'N' Roll, not the other way around.
True, but even if they play with Paul, Blaze (Richie was allowed to play with Priest) and Dennis on stage for a few songs like Priest?

Edit: I think Blaze is eligible for inclusion this year, but look what they did with Kiss (or a different approach: with Metallica). Maybe they only add members from the bands most commercially successful periods and that's why they have a ''25 years'' rule? If they include Dennis, they should include Blaze too (2 albums, not 1 album). They didn't include Priest's first three drummers. Blaze era was important in keeping the band going in the 90's and he wrote quite a few songs with the band.

Last edited:
The problem with this induction is that Blaze is not in the nominees... He did a great job with Iron Maiden, yet... I hope Steve and the guys will refuse to be inducted if Blaze is not quoted...

I can understand them not wanting to include Blaze, as that period is viewed as a commercial failure (especially in the U.S and UK). But does Dennis Stratton, who didn't write a single song for the band and was more or less a "hired gun", really need to be included?

Last edited:
It seems like Blaze and Janick should be in the same boat here -- both in or both out. Kind of weird that Janick is in but Blaze is out.

Janick’s contributions to the band far exceed Blaze’s (or anything that Dennis Stratton did).
Janick makes more sense than Blaze. The reunion period's been a high commercial/creatively for the group. No Prayer and Fear were commercially successful too.
But only the contributions from 25+ years ago should count for admission. Did Janick really contribute that much more than Blaze from 1990-1998...?

And with better hair.
blazebayleydocumentary2016_638.jpg
images

Hmmm...

Back