KK's Priest

I enjoyed the first album. I think the best songs are Hellfire Thunderbolt, Sermons Of The Sinner, Sacerdote y Diablo, Raise Your Fists, and Brothers Of The Road.

Will be interesting to see what the next album will be like.

I also enjoyed the first album. Songs like ''Hellfire Thunderbolt'', the title track, ''Raise Your Fists'' and the epic ''Return Of The Sentinel'' are great.

The second album is curious because all of the band members will have input into the songwriting (not only KK).
I want KK to be more experimental with the songs and sound (we all know his classic sound that can be heard in Judas Priest albums like Nostradamus and Angel Of Retribution). He writes long songs too, which is cool and surprising.

It seems the new album is almost ready. KK wants to release it as soon as possible because he wants to tour the 2 albums.

Ripper: ''It's really moving along really good. And it's really good too. I like it better than the debut LP. It's a little heavier, a little edgier on the vocals — and even music, I think''.

Great idea this thread @TheMercenary

I liked the first album, the music and musicianship are awesome. Tim's recruitment is awesome and as always he delivers. Frankly this can stand next to almost anything Priest released since 30 years now.

I liked the first album, the music and musicianship are awesome. Tim's recruitment is awesome and as always he delivers. Frankly this can stand next to almost anything Priest released since 30 years now.
I agree with the first part of your comment. About the second part - with Jugulator and Demolition, yes, but with the others - nope imo.

Details about the 2nd album and first single:

The Sinner Rides Again

1.Sons Of The Sentinel
2.Strike Of The Viper
3.Reap The Whirlwind
4.One More Shot At Glory
5.Hymn 66
6.The Sinner Rides Again
7.Keeper Of The Graves
8.Pledge Your Souls
9.Wash Away Your Sins

cover.jpg

''One More Shot At Glory'':

More info:
A haunting introduction of dual guitars carries the listener into the thundering "Sons Of The Sentinel", winding across a wasteland of burning riffs and a deftly dynamic guitar solo to kick off the record with relentless energy. The undeniably catchy anthem "Strike Of The Viper" proves itself as one of the album's most unforgettable tracks, before "Reap The Whirlwind" crashes in with a classic heavy metal power thrust of soaring leads, hair-raising harmonics and earworm vocal hooks. First single "One More Shot At Glory" raises its sword high, instantaneously calling for battle with its opening riff and beckoning verses. Heroic chants and unrelenting double bass set the stage for a galloping midsection as a spine-tingling guitar solo commands the song. Striding "Hymn 66" commands with sultry, slow and low metallic punches and a bluesy gait, while massive title track "The Sinner Rides Again" straddles balladic passages and sinister, head-bobbing choruses. Beginning with ominous bells, "Keeper Of The Graves" rounds the final bend of the album with roaring cascades and a dynamic performance from Owens, before charging "Pledge Your Souls" and rollercoaster closer epic "Wash Away Your Sins" rise as the final embers of a certified burner — proving itself as a must-hear metal album of the year by the greatest to ever perform the genre.

I don't know, Ripper can hit the notes, but almost everything else about his delivery is a negative for me. And all of these song title callbacks to classic Priest songs carry the whiff of desperation.

Some nice guitar bits for sure, but I'm completely underwhelmed by the songwriting and by Ripper. Firepower stomps all over this stuff, and let's not even try to compare it to the earlier classics.

This is a step in the right direction. I’m glad they went with Jacob Hansen instead of Newton for the mixing. Hansen is solid.

Last edited:
The song is not bad, but it sounds like one of the songs from the debut album (especially the riff). The Maiden-esque guitar harmonies are cool and the best part of the song. The chorus is also simple, like on most of the songs from the debut album. The middle section with the double bass and the gallop is a nice. The chaotic solos are a good fit (although the song calls for melodic ones), but they're too short. The slow outro doesn't fit the song imo, but KK's slow solo is a good idea. I hope Ripper doesn't just use his higher pitch voice.

The song titles (and the album title) are underwhelming. Why use old Priest titles? The songs are only 9, I guess he was in a hurry so he can start touring. I'm curious to see the songwriting credits. The album cover concept is a good idea, but the final product - I'm not a fan of. The production is good.

All in all, nothing new or impressive. Let's hope for better songs. KK said he can't change his style, but he can be more ''adventurous'' with the songwriting.

I don't know, Ripper can hit the notes, but almost everything else about his delivery is a negative for me. And all of these song title callbacks to classic Priest songs carry the whiff of desperation.

Some nice guitar bits for sure, but I'm completely underwhelmed by the songwriting and by Ripper. Firepower stomps all over this stuff, and let's not even try to compare it to the earlier classics.
Agreed. I really, really wish he would not do this. It's kind of sad actually.

On that note, here are some songs that did not make it on the album. Perhaps some might turn up as B-sides or the next album

1. The Painkiller Kills Again
2. Living After 2am
3. Breaking the Law Some More
4. You've Got Something Else Coming
5. Metal Gods II: The Return of the Metal Gods
6. Getting Back on the Highway After a Piss Break

Back