The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
My “concert wonder” would be Iron Maiden. It’s definitely not a favorite tune of mine, but when you hear it live it’s just so damn energetic!
Same for me. I always skip it when I'm listening to music on Spotify but I LOVE the live version of the song! It has so much energy and is so much better when played live!

Same for Fear of the Dark. Love it when the audience sings along to the guitar parts in the beginning!

Damn, I couldn't disagree more, especially about No More Lies lol
Sure, the chorus is stupidly repetitive and simple. Especially on the album, where there are no variations to be found. In concerts it gives Bruce the chance to try different variations and get some more audience participation. The main melody lets the audience sing along with the guitars multiple times throughout the song. In my opinion one of the best Harris epics since the reunion.

Adrian's guitar licks throughout that section are phenomenal as well. That whole part builds a phenomenal atmosphere.
I agree with all of this. Guitar licks and melodies are awesome! The only ''weak'' thing in both songs studio versions is the chorus. Great live songs.
The chorus of Brave New World is also better live.
Not sure if they'd consider it, but I'd love to hear it live again.
Why? It's one of my favorite songs.
I'd say Brave New World is due for a return - even if not on this tour. I wouldn't have it open the encore though.
^ This. Why not on the encores? It's a faster song and it has a great build-up, anthemic chorus and a classic Maiden instrumental section.
I'll take your ToC as a boring live track and raise you a title track for Senjutsu.
I think Senjutsu is a better live song than Tears Of A Clown.
My “concert wonder” would be Iron Maiden. It’s definitely not a favorite tune of mine, but when you hear it live it’s just so damn energetic!
Another example of a ''concert wonder'' is Running Free imo - I love the song live. That energy and groove!

Same for me. I always skip it when I'm listening to music on Spotify but I LOVE the live version of the song! It has so much energy and is so much better when played live!

Same for Fear of the Dark. Love it when the audience sings along to the guitar parts in the beginning!
"Running Free" would be the opposite of a "Concert Wonder"

It's always sounded so much heavier in its original studio IM self-titled debut album glory.

I'd say the Virtual XI material was worse than any of those, but I agree they are low points in their, for the most part, splendid oeuvre.
Imagine a great song like No More Lies being a low point in your career...!
"Running Free" would be the opposite of a "Concert Wonder"

It's always sounded so much heavier in its original studio IM self-titled debut album glory.
One of Maiden's heaviest riffs I believe.

Why? It's one of my favorite songs.

Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorites as well and I'd love for it to make the list. It's just difficult to properly predict how the next setlist is going to look like and I fear, because of the Senjutsu and SIT songs, that they're gonna take a look at some older classics, rather than a reunion song. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't wanna get my hopes up and end up disappointed :p

^ This. Why not on the encores? It's a faster song and it has a great build-up, anthemic chorus and a classic Maiden instrumental section.
I think you need to kick off the encore with a bang right out of the gate or with a good intro tape to ramp up the anticipation. Number of the Beast, The Trooper, The Evil That Men Do and Aces High were quite good at that.

EDIT: Then again, I've been predicting Alexander the Great to kick off the encore next year and that one plods around a bit to start.

I really want to agree with you but... when were they played live? ;)
I think they are - River has a really fast tempo perfect for live performances and a slow chorus, but it worked with Lord Of Light and Public Enema Number One, while every part (chorus, melodies, the ''oh-oh'' part and the part before it) in Shadows is great for concerts.
Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorites as well and I'd love for it to make the list. It's just difficult to properly predict how the next setlist is going to look like and I fear, because of the Senjutsu and SIT songs, that they're gonna take a look at some older classics, rather than a reunion song. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't wanna get my hopes up and end up disappointed.
You could be right, AMOLAD tour was also without any other Reunion song other than the ones from the album and the idea for the tour was similar -> 5+5 songs. I hope they play one too.
there's lots of more boring songs they've played live.
The only not so good live songs Maiden have played imo are: Tears Of A Clown, The Legacy, Benjamin Breeg, Educated Fool and The Aftermath.
HCW is fantastic live song
Yup. They could replace it with Sea Of Madness if it's too fast for the band nowadays, but then the 5th song would be CSIT (or Deja-Vu, which is unlikely because I think they won't debut 2 songs live and because the song is without a proper solo).
I think you need to kick off the encore with a bang right out of the gate or with a good intro tape to ramp up the anticipation. Number of the Beast, The Trooper, The Evil That Men Do and Aces High were quite good at that.

EDIT: Then again, I've been predicting Alexander the Great to kick off the encore next year and that one plods around a bit to start.
Journeyman worked great as an encore opener. ATG will work everywhere. :lol:

Rumours at the official forum suggest that Hellfest is the only date left to be announced for the 2023 tour. Given the number of European markets that are being given a rest next year, I would not be surprised if the tour is extended until 2025, with a final run of festivals and big venues around Europe in 2025 (I imagine 2024 would be for North and South America).

Rumours at the official forum suggest that Hellfest is the only date left to be announced for the 2023 tour. Given the number of European markets that are being given a rest next year, I would not be surprised if the tour is extended until 2025, with a final run of festivals and big venues around Europe in 2025 (I imagine 2024 would be for North and South America).
I agree and would say that is exactly what will happen. If it was a normal album tour then I would have said 2 years at most as usual, but with SIT I think they will want to make it like a History/Hits tour (usually 3 years since 2012) and visit as many different places as possible (Asia/Australia in 2025?).
New album released after the short 2025 leg of the tour (May-July) in September with a tour starting in 2026 (like they did for TBOS album), or if they want the gap between the albums to be 5 years again (Senjutsu was supposed to be released in 2020), then they will release it in May 2026, for example (before the start of the tour). The new album could be recorded in early 2024 or 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back