NOW PLAYING

1666831769780.png
There are 100 albums in the Great Performances series. I'm working on collecting them all, I've got 55 so far.

Review: performance is excellent (I'd expect no less from Bernstein) but the piano is just a bit too loud on side two, dominating the orchestra more than it should on the Rhapsody.

Last edited:
1988 was peak Halford, I think. Just look at how effortless those quick highs are in the verses of Ram it Down. :notworthy:

Strange that they never used that track as a concert opener. Imagine, the lights go down and Rob's piercing scream is the first thing you hear. Perfection.
I agree. ''Ram It Down'' is one of Priest best hidden gems, I hope they will play it again. It's perfect for a concert opener with its speed, chorus, brutal solos and intro and outro, ofc. I only like 5 songs from this album. I know Glenn said the album was an important step for the next album, but from the old albums RID is with the fewest songs played live (only ROS, Nostradamus and Jugulator are lower in this category).

My favorite songs from this album are ''Darkest Hours'', ''Under Flaming Skies'', ''The Game Never Ends'' and maybe ''Event Horizons''. ''Lifetime In A Moment'' is an interesting song.

I like the album cover (the same star-shaped spacecraft is also used for their 2009 and 2015 albums) - one of my favorite covers of the band along with Eternal (just great cover), maybe Elements Pt. 2, Infinite, Visions and Episode. HM: Fourth Dimension and Twilight Time.

My favorite songs from this album are ''Darkest Hours'', ''Under Flaming Skies'', ''The Game Never Ends'' and maybe ''Event Horizons''. ''Lifetime In A Moment'' is an interesting song.

I like the album cover (the same star-shaped spacecraft is also used for their 2009 and 2015 albums) - one of my favorite covers of the band along with Eternal (just great cover), maybe Elements Pt. 2, Infinite, Visions and Episode. HM: Fourth Dimension and Twilight Time.
I think Elysium is an excellent album for sure, very underrated. Also, the last album on which the iconic Jörg Michael played. I'm hoping that they'll include my personal favorite from the album (Darkest Hours) in the upcoming tour's setlist.

Also, there are just so many great Stratovarius album covers through the years. This one has to be among the best ones though.

I think Elysium is an excellent album for sure, very underrated. Also, the last album on which the iconic Jörg Michael played. I'm hoping that they'll include my personal favorite from the album (Darkest Hours) in the upcoming tour's setlist.

Also, there are just so many great Stratovarius album covers through the years. This one has to be among the best ones though.
Jörg Michael is really a great drummer. ''Darkest Hours'' will be such a fitting song for the upcoming tour's setlist. I'm curious which are your favorite album covers of the band. :)
''Halloween'' and ''Keeper Of The Seven Keys'' are two of the best epics in metal. I like the former more.

I'm curious which are your favorite album covers of the band. :)
I guess I have to pick Infinite, Visions, Elysium, Nemesis, Destiny, Fourth Dimension and Polaris, in that order. Almost all of their album covers are great and fit the themes of the albums nicely.

Back