Short-answer questions

I didn't know what other topic to post this in, so here goes:

A colleague of mine owns Eddie's Archive and would possibly like to sell it to me since he doesn't do much with it or look at it himself anymore.

Now he himself is looking a bit at what he could ask for Eddie's Archive but we can't find a medium of a price anywhere. On ebay people are selling it for around 600 euros, while on discogs it says people are selling it for as little as 15 euros.

Does anyone know how much Eddie's Archive is or could be worth approximately? I might want to buy it from him if the price is right, but I'm not going to put down 500 euros for a tin box with a CD in it so to speak.....

I should mention that he has the first edition with the blue inlay instead of the red inlay. Apparently that makes it worth more?
You could then go for the average, which is €292.5 :lol:

Seriously I don’t think it is worth more than €50-60, 65-70 top if it’s REALLY well conserved and looks like it is untouched. I wouldn’t pay a penny more that this and to be honest if someone asked me €70 for Eddie’s Archive I’d negotiate it anyway.

Allright thanks for your answers!

I used to be quite an avid collector of things like this (and gaming collectibles, but unrelated) so I definitely know the "whatever someone wants to pay for it" thing. 100+ euros for a tin box with some CDs, a parchment and a glass (which I will probably never use or take out of the box) is a bit much for me. I would love to have such a cool piece of Maiden memorabilia, but I have my limits.

But again, thanks for your aswers! :bigsmile:

I didn't know what other topic to post this in, so here goes:

A colleague of mine owns Eddie's Archive and would possibly like to sell it to me since he doesn't do much with it or look at it himself anymore.

Now he himself is looking a bit at what he could ask for Eddie's Archive but we can't find a medium of a price anywhere. On ebay people are selling it for around 600 euros, while on discogs it says people are selling it for as little as 15 euros.

Does anyone know how much Eddie's Archive is or could be worth approximately? I might want to buy it from him if the price is right, but I'm not going to put down 500 euros for a tin box with a CD in it so to speak.....

I should mention that he has the first edition with the blue inlay instead of the red inlay. Apparently that makes it worth more?
I bought it on the release day for 95€, had alot of fun with it and sold it years ago for 100€ with a huge amount of other metal CD´s to a guy who looked a sincere fan to me. He told me he got into a divorce and had to sell alot of stuff. Apparently he owned a second hand CD store...

It's worth 50 Euros, I'll buy it from him for 60.

Seriously though, there is neither a reliable price list nor a calculable market for this sort of thing. It's "worth" whatever people are willing to pay for it. On a good day you might find three people willing to pay 500 Euros for it, on a bad day it's going to sit there abandoned with a price tag of 100. Maiden collectors are a niche market and as such this market is unpredictable.

The first run had 25000 copies and that sold out and there was a second run. So there's tons of them out there. My guess would be that it wouldn't be too hard to get. Discogs cheapest at the moment is €179*, I suspect you could pick it up on ebay for cheaper than that without too much of a wait.

*the one listed for €15 is only the best of the bsides CD if you read the advert

We've had this discussion here: https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/alexander-the-great.4319/post-766820
No consensus has been reached, only that it most definitely isn't Graham Chapman. I remain convinced that it's Bruce.

And nobody ever said, in nearly 40 years, to have witnessed that song played live? :)

I mean, known bootlegs from World Slavery Tour come as back as the so-called Third Evening in Poland (Poznan, 11 August, 1984), but seriously, do we really think that at the end of the fourth decade after that shows not even a single witness has spoken about it?
While doing research for my book I personally asked Adrian about this and he said it was rehearsed but dropped on the second day of rehearsals. The confusion about the "6th" song happened because Howard Johnson (who attended the rehearsals of the band in Hannover and the first dates of the tour) wrote an article for Kerrang! Magazine No. 76, published in September 6, 1984, where he mentions that the band "played no fewer than six new songs" based on the notes he taken during the rehearsals. I lalso spoke with people who attended this first gig, and they confirmed that the band didn't play the song.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I wasn't asking a rhetorical question. I literally want to buy a cool Eddie figure.

I've always wondered why there wasn't a full pro-shot show (broadcast live on TV) for The Ed Hunter Tour - I mean, it was Maiden's REUNION!!

I'm even surprised that Maiden didn't release a DVD from this tour (along with the DVD from Brave New World Tour). And it was in 1999, not one of the early days tours. There are a few pro-shot videos of some songs, while even photos form the tour are hard to find.

The other tours without full pro-shot shows (or official release) are:
  • A Matter Of Life And Death Tour 2006 leg (unfortunately)
  • No Prayer On The Road Tour 1990/1991 (we have pro-shot videos of some songs though)
  • Somewhere On Tour 1986/1987 (unfortunately)
  • Killer World Tour 1981 (we have some pro-shot footage like Bremen and Milan gigs - the first one is on a disco stage and the second one is not full)
  • and we have official footage (not full shows) for World Piece Tour, The Beast On The Road Tour and Iron Maiden Tour

* for The Final Frontier 2010 leg we have a video screen recording of the full show (= pro-shot footage).

Does someone know why Janick used an acoustic guitar for the intro of ''Afraid To Shoot Strangers'' live in 1998?

The studio version is without acoustics (I think) and he only used it during the VXI tour.

Back in 2022 I once considered subscribing to the Iron Maiden fan club, but didn't do it then because there were other money-related expenses, and the subscription could wait for a while then. Now that it is 2023, and the Future Past tour is slowly but surely approaching I do think it would be interesting to subscribe, even if purely for the FTTB leagues.

What is your opinion or experience with the fan club, and is it worth it? The FTTB competition seems cool although I don't know how likely it is that you will actually win. The magazine also seems like fun only I think it's a shame then that these are digital and not physical. I also see that there will be giveaways, but I am not sure what to think of these? The discount on merchandise is nice but I live in the Netherlands so shipping is still expensive and I'm probably never going to order anything from the store anyway (already have a lot of Iron Maiden shirts, and if I want new ones I'll buy them from EMP or at a tour).

So with that in mind I'm still in doubt as to whether or not the subscription is worth it? 30 euros a year is not much (2.50 euros a month) but it would be a shame if the subscription does not pay off in the end.

Back in 2022 I once considered subscribing to the Iron Maiden fan club, but didn't do it then because there were other money-related expenses, and the subscription could wait for a while then. Now that it is 2023, and the Future Past tour is slowly but surely approaching I do think it would be interesting to subscribe, even if purely for the FTTB leagues.

What is your opinion or experience with the fan club, and is it worth it? The FTTB competition seems cool although I don't know how likely it is that you will actually win. The magazine also seems like fun only I think it's a shame then that these are digital and not physical. I also see that there will be giveaways, but I am not sure what to think of these? The discount on merchandise is nice but I live in the Netherlands so shipping is still expensive and I'm probably never going to order anything from the store anyway (already have a lot of Iron Maiden shirts, and if I want new ones I'll buy them from EMP or at a tour).

So with that in mind I'm still in doubt as to whether or not the subscription is worth it? 30 euros a year is not much (2.50 euros a month) but it would be a shame if the subscription does not pay off in the end.
I spent 20 years in the IMFC and with all honesty I can say that since Laz stood down it has gotten worse and worse to the point that last year I just gave up... So I don't think is worth it anymore... Even people who have been there long before my time (John Miles for example) is considering not resubscribing so that tells you something

Dave Murray wore a fear of the dark jacket/vest during this tour. Does anyone have good pictures of it, especially the back. Can I get one or was it custom made for him?

I'm a new Maiden fan. I really wish I would have got into them while they were on tour here in the U.S. I'm just wondering if they will be coming back to the states any time in the near future.

Back