The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say less surprising. Even though it hasn't been played since 1999 Futureal fits the theme just by name alone and if they do play it folks would say "makes sense". LotF came out of nowhere, complete surprise.
When Maiden did Death on the Road, they had done Blaze songs on every tour and were pretty open at the time about wanting to keep that era represented. I don’t really see how Lord of the Flies is much a surprise with that in mind. It was a single that hadn’t been performed by that lineup yet.
I’d say it would be more surprising. The song has not been played live since 1999!
I think both points of view are correct.
It depends on how they manage to make the chorus sound.
That's true.
Thematically speaking, Remember Tomorrow could also fit right in.
Good call.
Futureal on the other hand is one of their very best short rockers
I agree on a 100%.
Yes, it would fit the theme of the current tour but Speed of Light is such a bad song in my opinion. Thematically, it was completely out of place in the Book of Souls tour or even on the album.
Speed Of Light is a great song imo. Thematically, Speed Of Light should have been in TFF album and El Dorado should have been in TBOS album.

To anyone who says Futureal will be a waste of time or not good on this tour, listen to this and tell me that wouldn't be great! I doubt they can play the song that fast, but it's damn good. This as an opening number would make me very excited for the concert to come!

Tickets for the O2 secured!

banana-dance.gif

I'm very glad they played LOTF if only that it reinforced my belief that TXF would have been a good album had it had good production and Bruce on vocals.

Because that live arrangement blew the album version out of the water.
Agree 100%. If Bruce did sing on 'The X Factor', the commercial success would have been as good as with 'Brave New World'. The production of 'The X Factor' is not as powerful as Martin Birch's one, but it fits perfectly to the atmosphere of the songs.

Good luck and congrats to everyone getting tickets in pre-sale! Hope you're going to have a great time at the Future Past tour next year!

Leave some floor tickets for me in Amsterdam though :innocent:

too bad they didnt announce all the dates in one
what countries / cities do you expect to be added
do you think they will add helsinki?
Hartwall Arena is apparently owned by some russian cunts so that one is out of the question. Maybe Tampere, or Rockfest? Both Rockfest and Sweden Rock are the weekend before Krakow, so wouldn't surprise me to see Maiden headline those. I am quite certain they will play at Sweden Rock plus one more show in Sweden.

too bad they didnt announce all the dates in one
what countries / cities do you expect to be added
do you think they will add helsinki?
I think it was kinda weird that they didn't announce more shows, but they promised more shows so we can only wait for now.
I can so see and hope that there will be show in Finland next year. Im pretty sure that it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back