LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just setlist. Their schedule is crazy, so much dates in short period.
And next year Bruce is maybe planning solo tour, and Maiden tour and for sure spoken word tour.

Not just setlist. Their schedule is crazy, so much dates in short period.
And next year Bruce is maybe planning solo tour, and Maiden tour and for sure spoken word tour.

Talking bollocks?

You can add a tour with orchestra playing Deep Purple songs to that list (more likely to happen than a solo tour).

Bruce' issue isn't technique. He knows how to take care of his voice. He was forced to learn that after wrecking his voice in the 80's and spending large parts of the 90's to get the higher range of his vocals back.

His actual problem is pride. Personally, I've been saying for years that Maiden should tune down a step and I'm convinced that a good 95% of the audience won't notice or mind. Funnily enough, they have transposed a song before: Lord Of The Flies. The original is in F# minor, while the Death On The Road version is a step below in E minor. For the wrong reason though: So that Bruce can hit a higher octave in the chorus lol :facepalm:

Having said that, let's go with the argument, that tuning down would change the songs too much. Then they really need to think about what songs make the setlist. A ton of the classics like The Trooper or HBTN are constantly around a B4, which is quite taxing, even for young people. If you wanna play those you need to find other songs that are easier to sing, not fill the setlist with a ton of difficult songs. The other thing they could do is change up a few melodies, go for the lower harmony for example. Bruce seems to have gone a bit in that direction, you can see how he approaches the chorus of Aces High on the current tour.

Bruce is a fantastic singer and can hit some impressive pitches. Unfortunately it feels like he's continuously trying to prove that he can still hit the pitches which leads to a worse over all performance that hurts the songs. I'm afraid he's too stubborn to change.

They didn't. There were a couple of gigs in 2001 when they ended the show with The Fallen Angel and Out of the Silent Planet, but they soon saw that was not reasonable and resorted to Run to the Hills instead.
Yes, only S.America and London I think.

I was joking about spoken word, but I would not be suprised.

The other thing they could do is change up a few melodies, go for the lower harmony for example. Bruce seems to have gone a bit in that direction, you can see how he approaches the chorus of Aces High on the current tour.

Not hitting the notes?? :lol:

Joking aside, you make some very valid points.

I found it particularly boring. Too Maiden-centric, no spicy details, no shedding light to dark corners, an uninspired book written in rush.

Clearly the part where he thanks his family, is one of the highlights.
That's funny, I think there wasn't enough of Maiden. I found the bits about planes and fencing incredibly dull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back