NOW PLAYING

Iron Maiden - New Frontier

Nicko in action! Why this song is not liked more? It's a fast rocker and it has that classic Maiden feel. Great little solo in the intro and riff, the verses are pretty good and the pre-chorus/chorus is catchy (it reminds me a bit of ''Road To Hell'' chorus, the song is written by McBrain/Smith/Dickinson after all). The licks under the chorus (and pre-chorus too) are really needed imo. The riff before the solo is an awesome idea and Adrian's wild solo is great, as always. The melodies are vintage Maiden (I love how Dave plays a second melody on top of the main one - a unique feature, for sure)! Nicko's drumming is old school. Bruce's long note and the heavy riff are the best way to end the song. Underrated song. :rocker:

- the instrumental section is not that long (like in ''Face In The Sand'', but that was because of the long intro, I guess), maybe we could have a short Drum Solo...

This song easily could have been a single. I am very grateful that we have a song written by Nicko, it was a must.

Iron Maiden - New Frontier

Nicko in action! Why this song is not liked more? It's a fast rocker and it has that classic Maiden feel. Great little solo in the intro and riff, the verses are pretty good and the pre-chorus/chorus is catchy (it reminds me a bit of ''Road To Hell'' chorus, the song is written by McBrain/Smith/Dickinson after all). The licks under the chorus (and pre-chorus too) are really needed imo. The riff before the solo is an awesome idea and Adrian's wild solo is great, as always. The melodies are vintage Maiden (I love how Dave plays a second melody on top of the main one - a unique feature, for sure)! Nicko's drumming is old school. Bruce's long note and the heavy riff are the best way to end the song. Underrated song. :rocker:

- the instrumental section is not that long (like in ''Face In The Sand'', but that was because of the long intro, I guess), maybe we could have a short Drum Solo...

This song easily could have been a single. I am very grateful that we have a song written by Nicko, it was a must.

It would have been worked much better than lord of the flies on that tour

It would have been worked much better than lord of the flies on that tour
I can't agree with that. ''Lord Of The Flies'' was one of the highlights of the tour imo. A Gers/Harris classic. Bruce made the song so much better and for that alone it was worth including. It's a great live song too.

That doesn't change the fact that they should have played 1 more song from DOD album during the 2nd leg.

Back