Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue #1:
606daa371f143-2215[1].jpg

This is the cast of the series Orange Is The New Black, which didn't yet bring us to certain album or song. I was gonna give further clue about this later if nobody wouldn't have guessed this on clue #4.

Clue #2:
The season 4 of the show pictured below, contains a link to this particular album. I won't mention more but if you have seen this show, then you will know for sure what the link is.
The songwriting team that wrote this song, has total of 13 songs in the discography (up to date), that they have done and worked together (if the data I have here is correct). This song has been played live in concert.

One of the new inmates on season 4, Judy King is ordered to to arrange cooking class for the other inmates, the name of the class "Food For Thought".
The working title of Piece Of Mind was originally Food For Thought.
Dave Murray and Steve Harris teamed up for this song.
Here's list of the song they have done together:
1. "Age of Innocence"
2. "Deja-Vu"
3. "Fates Warning"
4. "Justice Of The Peace"
5. "Lightning Strikes Twice"
6. "The Man Of Sorrows"
7. "The Man Who Would Be King"
8. "The Nomad"
9. "The Prophecy"
10. "The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg"
11. "Still Life"
12. "The Thin Line Between Love And Hate"
13. "Twilight Zone"
Still Life has been played live on World Piece Tour 1983 and Seventh Tour Of A Sevent Tour 1988, both tours it wasn't featured as staple of the setlist though.

Clue #3:
This song is said to be based on short story that was released in 1964, but Im affraid that there hasn't been any official source for this but surely it might have been among the few inspirations. There's been few similar titled albums released in the various genres, but the most known (probably) is done by European progressive metal band. Some early cd-pressings of this particular Iron Maiden album had little issues and so part of this song ended up being in different index than the rest of the song.

Some sources say that Still Life was based on the short story "The Inhabitant Of The Lake" by Ramsey Campbell, and here's little synopsis of the plot:
Artist Thomas Cartwright rents a secluded lakeside property in England's Severn Valley, the dark beauty of the location intended to inspire his morbid work. There, nightmares and half-imagined happenings in the night begin to plague him, and he discovers a set of ancient manuscripts which detail the coming of an ancient entity to Earth and it’s activities thereafter. As the strange happenings escalate, Cartwright calls on his friend Alan Kearney for help, and the two attempt to escape the cursed lake. However, only one of them is fortunate to survive the climactic encounter with the creature which dwells in the lake.

Some artist and bands have released album named Still Life. Opeth released their album on 18th of october 1999.
The initial Japanese cd of Piece Of Mind (from 1986) and some other later reissues have the intro, the backwards message from Nicko indexed and listed as separate track.
It was listed on the cover and cd as "Phatoor".
Japan cd:s here:

Clue #4:
This is somewhat relatively rare song, as it was played live on 2 tours but since then it hasn't yet found it's way back to the current setlists.
Even though this particular song ain't title-track of the album, it still has little nod and resemblance to it. Certain member of the band should even have given slightly more credit (or atleast being mentioned in the song credits?) due to his performance on this whole song.

Yep, it was played live in 1983 and 1988 with the total of 44 times (if setlists page is correct).

Piece Of Mind doesn't have title track, but on Still Life lyrics it has this:
Nightmares.....coming all the time
Nightmares.....Will give me peace of mind.

Nicko didn't get any credit for the backwards message.

Murray / Harris only have 11 songs by my count. Are there non-album songs I missed?
Justice Of The Peace from the b-side of Man On The Edge-single, and US-version of Killers has Twilight Zone.

Here's the list of song they have done together:
1. "Age of Innocence"
2. "Deja-Vu"
3. "Fates Warning"
4. "Justice Of The Peace"
5. "Lightning Strikes Twice"
6. "The Man Of Sorrows"
7. "The Man Who Would Be King"
8. "The Nomad"
9. "The Prophecy"
10. "The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg"
11. "Still Life"
12. "The Thin Line Between Love And Hate"
13. "Twilight Zone"

Last edited:
Clue #1: Run to the artificial hills
Clue #2:
1656781484823.png
Incorrect guesses: Afraid To Shoot Strangers/ Different World/ Juanita

Last edited:
Clue #1: Run to the artificial hills
Clue #2:
1656948429695.png
Clue #3: Exploding zeppelin

Incorrect guesses: Afraid To Shoot Strangers/ Different World/ Juanita/ Wasting Love

Back