LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! On Saturday I'm gonna see Maiden for the third time (after 2007 and 2013). Got a question about getting close to the barrier without FTTB tickets. If I understood correctly, FTTB basically ensures 120 people that they can enter the venue before anyone else. On the concert in 2013 the first 500 or 1000 (not quite sure) got something like a festival bracelet and were allowed to go to the front. Even though there was a lot of space, there were barriers set up which you could only enter with that bracelet. So the whole area was cut in two.

Is that something they usually do? I have the chance to go very early this time and I'm aware that first row is impossible, but it would make life a lot easier if I could go early, register, have a nice day in Cologne and then go to the concert at a later point.

Very much looking forward to it nonetheless!

As far as I know, splitting the pit in two parts is the genral rule. You really need to go there early to get that bracelet. Then, be patient, and you will be able to slowly progress to the stage, taking advantage of those who go and buy a beer or go to the toilets. That's my tactics at Maiden gigs.

As far as I know, splitting the pit in two parts is the genral rule. You really need to go there early to get that bracelet. Then, be patient, and you will be able to slowly progress to the stage, taking advantage of those who go and buy a beer or go to the toilets. That's my tactics at Maiden gigs.
Thanks for the answer! Do you have any estimation for what counts as early? Is noon enough or should I be there even earlier?

Yesterday i went to zurich show. 14th time i go to maiden show. Bruce singing 2006 levels. i Still think aces high at the end of the show is too much for him. He needed to change a bit how he sang the chorus. But they are on top form. New songs sounded a bit speed up like maiden used to do in 90s. senjutsu for example. bit Wha an amazing show the have nowadays. btw...i need to update my sign

Yesterday‘s show:

Maiden played well, Bruce was great, the sound was what it was.
The audience first went nuts with WOTW, crowdsurfing etc, 20 year olds headbanging like crazy, like it was a fricking Pantera song or something lol.
As I’d imagined, I enjoyed the new songs the most, but I must say SOTC surprised me, during the quiet part in the middle the audience went really quiet as well (instead of the talking that sometimes happens in passages like this). It was a very cool atmosphere. Blood Brothers was a bit early in the set, but I always like that song.
NOTB was great as always, after that I needed a break,so I skipped Iron Maiden and Trooper, 2 songs I don‘t care much for (I did came back in between for a quick look at Iron Maiden Eddie).
The Clansman gives Bruce the opportunity to actually sing and shine, but the song as such isn‘t really that interesting IMO. Would‘ve preferred something like Remember Tomorrow or even Darkest Hour.
Oh and I forgot, during Revelations a really sweaty guy with no shirt seemed to like me and kept bumping into me, so I pushed him away, he came back to me: “Never seen Maiden before, huh!?” I said 14 times (like above poster!). Him: “you don’t even know the song they’re playing”. I wanted to enjoy Revelations, not discuss stupid shit, so I just tapped my forehead at him. Him: “Tell me, what song is this, if you even know? Which album??” I ignored him. Him: “Piece Of Mind, 1983!!!”. I still ignored him, so he went on doing his thing, but never once bumped into me again. Victory!

All in all it is awesome to see Maiden in such great form again, and I hope to see them soon with more new stuff. And in a different venue, where they can actually sound good too.

Oh and I forgot, during Revelations a really sweaty guy with no shirt seemed to like me and kept bumping into me, so I pushed him away, he came back to me: “Never seen Maiden before, huh!?” I said 14 times (like above poster!). Him: “you don’t even know the song they’re playing”. I wanted to enjoy Revelations, not discuss stupid shit, so I just tapped my forehead at him. Him: “Tell me, what song is this, if you even know? Which album??” I ignored him. Him: “Piece Of Mind, 1983!!!”. I still ignored him, so he went on doing his thing, but never once bumped into me again. Victory!
I really don't like gatekeepers.

Yesterday‘s show:

Maiden played well, Bruce was great, the sound was what it was.
The audience first went nuts with WOTW, crowdsurfing etc, 20 year olds headbanging like crazy, like it was a fricking Pantera song or something lol.
As I’d imagined, I enjoyed the new songs the most, but I must say SOTC surprised me, during the quiet part in the middle the audience went really quiet as well (instead of the talking that sometimes happens in passages like this). It was a very cool atmosphere. Blood Brothers was a bit early in the set, but I always like that song.
NOTB was great as always, after that I needed a break,so I skipped Iron Maiden and Trooper, 2 songs I don‘t care much for (I did came back in between for a quick look at Iron Maiden Eddie).
The Clansman gives Bruce the opportunity to actually sing and shine, but the song as such isn‘t really that interesting IMO. Would‘ve preferred something like Remember Tomorrow or even Darkest Hour.

All in all it is awesome to see Maiden in such great form again, and I hope to see them soon with more new stuff. And in a different venue, where they can actually sound good too.

I heard it was raining like hell during the concert, isn’t right?

Yesterday‘s show:

You coulda told him that you seen it live when Bruce Bruce used to guitsr on it and then kicked him in the throat.
Eirher way, good review :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back