Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue 1: This Maiden song shares its name with a song performed by an influential non-British artist. These namesake songs were actually both recorded in the same studio. To thicken the plot, this artist has another composition with the same name as the album on which the Maiden song you’re looking for appears.

Clue 2: The name of the song is also very similar to the name of a 1980s album by a non-metal instrumentalist, who recently played on a successful album collaboration. Certain members of Iron Maiden might envy this collaboration.

Clue 3: The reason for the alleged "envy" in Clue 2 can partially be attributed to another well-known band. Members of Maiden have performed with members of this band. A member of this well-known band co-produced the namesake song in clue 1. The producer's band has also released a record with the same name as the non-British artist in clue 1

Clue 4: In the lyrics, we find the name of several films, one of which has inspired another Maiden song. There are also the name of a few seminal 70s hard rock albums, a seminal 70s electronica duo and a Premier League footballer who also represents his country.

Clue 5: The lyrics contain the name of another Maiden song. Furthermore, the lyrics are inspired by the the work of a writer who has also inspired other bands and artists.

Hell No: Caught Somewhere inn Time, Deja-Vu, Heaven Can Wait, The Time Machine, Brave New World, From Here to Eternity, Tears of a Clown, Coming Home

Clue 1: This Maiden song shares its name with a song performed by an influential non-British artist. These namesake songs were actually both recorded in the same studio. To thicken the plot, this artist has another composition with the same name as the album on which the Maiden song you’re looking for appears.

Clue 2: The name of the song is also very similar to the name of a 1980s album by a non-metal instrumentalist, who recently played on a successful album collaboration. Certain members of Iron Maiden might envy this collaboration.

Clue 3: The reason for the alleged "envy" in Clue 2 can partially be attributed to another well-known band. Members of Maiden have performed with members of this band. A member of this well-known band co-produced the namesake song in clue 1. The producer's band has also released a record with the same name as the non-British artist in clue 1

Clue 4: In the lyrics, we find the name of several films, one of which has inspired another Maiden song. There are also the name of a few seminal 70s hard rock albums, a seminal 70s electronica duo and a Premier League footballer who also represents his country.

Clue 5: The lyrics contain the name of another Maiden song. Furthermore, the lyrics are inspired by the the work of a writer who has also inspired other bands and artists.

Clue 6: On its parent studio album, it is the only song credited to this particular songwriting team. The song has been performed live on more than one tour.

Hell No: Caught Somewhere inn Time, Deja-Vu, Heaven Can Wait, The Time Machine, Brave New World, From Here to Eternity, Tears of a Clown, Coming Home, The Evil That Men Do, Stranger in a Strange World, To Tame a Land

So Moonchild it is. Here are the answers to the clues:

Irish guitar legend Rory Gallagher recorded "Moonchild" in 1976 in Munich's Musicland studio (check it out if you haven't, the opening riff might make you think of another Maiden tune). In 1973, he released a song named "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son".

Sax player Pharoh Sanders released "Moon Child" in 1989. In 2021, he collaborated with Floating Points and London Symphony Orchestra on the critically acclaimed album "Promises". Bruce and Nicko have both said in interviews that they'd like to see Maiden perform with LSO.

Clue 3: The reason for the alleged "envy" in Clue 2 can partially be attributed to another well-known band. Members of Maiden have performed with members of this band. A member of this well-known band co-produced the namesake song in clue 1. The producer's band has also released a record with the same name as the non-British artist in clue 1.

Deep Purple, who played and recorded with LSO in 1999 (mentioned by Bruce as an inspiration). Janick played with Gillan. Roger Glover produced Rory Gallagher's "Moonchild". Both Purple and Gallagher have albums named "Live in Europe".

Films: Seven. Babylon. The Young Ones. The Seventh Seal, which inspired "Dance of Death". "Kiss" and "Rising" are 70s albums. Electronica duo: Suicide. Premier League footballer: Arsenal and Brazil's Gabriel.

"The Fallen Angel". Aleister Crowley's 1929 novel "Moonchild". Crowley also was an inspira... never mind, I'm sure you know.

Clue 6: On its parent studio album, it is the only song credited to this particular songwriting team. The song has been performed live on more than one tour.

 Self-explanatory

Yes! What gave it away?
I'll post the answers to the clues in a bit...
I think you had pretty good clues here and it was highly entertaining trying to figure out this one.
At first my mind was first playing tricks and I didn't know what clue to follow..then one evening just before I dreamt away I remembered something.
I know the Moonchild song from Rory Gallagher. Also I checked plenty of artists/bands that had used the same studios as Iron Maiden. Clue #2 was the hardest (I guess and I didn't come up with anything useful). I knew about the Deep Purple link that some of them had played together. Didn't know or remember that Glover produced Gallagher's album, good that you pointed it out here.
I think the clues 5 and 6 gave this one away for me and also it was lucky to find Premier League player in the lyrics..it filtered easily the incorrect ones from my list.
This was good round!

Back