Your Maiden blasphemy

Lyrics for AtG are written by Joakim Broden.
Nah, if he wrote it, it would like something more like this:

In the early dawn
See them marching on
Side by side, as brothers
Soldiers of Macedonia
At the gates of India
Army of Alexander

We remember, we remember, we remember

We remember, Alexander
Hear his story
Alexander, we remember
Sing of his story!!!

100% agreed. Awesome song weak as hell lyrics. And way worst than To Tame A Land (that instrumentally is on the same level as ATG, IMO... in other words an utter masterpiece).

Most of the music they did in the 80s (especially the first two albums) don't appeal to me. I think they were better in the nineties and best in the reunion era.

You can't say my opinion is completely baseless :D I guess, I am your typical average Joe.
Screenshot_2022-06-22-11-54-33-898.jpeg

Last edited:
everybody is different , with different tastes/likes. I respect everyone. I like what I like and have no intention to persuade anybody to think like me. Iron Maiden would still be the same Iron Maiden for me if they only had 6 albums (the last 6- starting with Brave New World). Blood Brothers, FTGGOG, WTWWB and Hell on Earth are enough for me to accept Steve Harris as a musical genius. However, it is nice to have great songs like Powerslave, Phantom of the Opera, Children of the Damned, SSOASS, Revelations, ROAM, TETMD and maybe couple more from the 80s. I see them as a big bonus.

I think Iron Maiden is a better album than Powerslave, there's no weak tracks and I can listen to it all the way through.
On Powerslave, the two weakest songs are Losfer Words and Back in the Village.

I think Iron Maiden is a better album than Powerslave, there's no weak tracks and I can listen to it all the way through.
On Powerslave, the two weakest songs are Losfer Words and Back in the Village.

Powerslave isn't my favourite either and while I like most of the stuff on it, I really don't listen to it thoroughly that often. However, for me, Back in the Village is actually one of the hidden gems there! The chorus is nothing spectacular, but other than that, I love the fierce and intense vibe of it! Great delivery by Bruce and that riff is great. :)

As to my Maiden blasphemy one story comes to my mind that a few buddies & me sometimes were doing years ago :D (I wouldn't do this nowadays anymore, but it was real fun back then):

When on weekends we came together for a few drinks we checked out various Facebook profiles from different girls we didn't know and wrote them. All we did was checking their profile pictures by paying attention to only if they had whether blonde long hair or if they had black long hair.
In case we found any girl with straight blonde long hair we sent her a picture of Dave Murray (live on stage 1985) along with the following message, sort of "Hey, you totally look like Dave Murray from Iron Maiden! How cool is this!!! I mean - just check out the picture! Is that resemblence of yours and him done on purpose, or is that all just a big coincidence???! Absolutely cool!!!!"
And in case we landed on any long black & curly haired girls profile we did almost the same just in a little variation - referring to Steve Harris (picture of him allover sweaty doing the maniac machine gun bass thing in Long Beach).

The reactions were nice and entertaining to read. There could have been really anything from "WTF, I do look like a guy?", "shut up you f***ing moron" to "haha, that's really funny". :cool:

Last edited:
Powerslave isn't my favourite either and while I like most of the stuff on it, I really don't listen to it thoroughly that often. However, for me, Back in the Village is actually one of the hidden gems there! The chorus is nothing spectacular, but other than that, I love the fierce and intense vibe of it! Great delivery by Bruce and that riff is great. :)
I very rarely listen to Powerslave. It just isn’t that interesting for me. I agree that Back in the Village is an underrated gem through. I especially love the little key change towards the end. However, the album is just a wall of sound for me. There is very little light and shade on the album.

I think it was quite a strange song for Adrian and I like it a lot, way more than the simplistic Fladh of the Blade or the generic Two Minutes to Midnight.

I don't know if it may count as blasphemy but Killers is by far the most generic and uninteresting album they've done. With the exception of 1, 2 songs, the rest really looks like generic metal songs that any basic band could have written (I'm well aware of the fact that some of these songs are among the oldest they've written, like Innocent Exile and Floating/Purgatory or Drifter but still I'm relieved they haven't released more than one album like this one otherwise they would have been just your average metal band among thousands). Blasphemy or not?

Last edited:
Back