LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage i don't think maiden care about winning over mostly casuals at festivals, they will do what they always do play what they want and not cater to anyone :p
Absolutely. What is fascinating is how much different it feels compared to 2018-2019 when experienced live in its entirety, in spite of almost all the same ingredients. In other words what looks similar in setlists and in youtube videos is an entirely different beast live, the flow, the atmosphere, everything. If you think you've seen it all in 2018-2019 only without 3 new songs, you might be surprised. And yeah you'll like it more if you prefer Senjutsu to some of the omitted classics.

I'm surprised you didn't do it to The Parchment.

What about the title track?
I did not do anything there, but it defenetily needs to have the mid section cut in half

(Now under siege have the real strength to hold them now
Have to believe that we can repel them
Faith in the years our ancestors taught us
Have the belief that we can protect the wall
Try if they can, we will overthrow them
Fight to the last, they can never own us
Battle of wills, we'll fight to the last man
Honour our dead so they never fought in vain)

and maybe around 3-4% speeding up. I did nto check what was the live duration as it is a bit hard to tell from the live videos.

Though at the time I didn’t have the means to go to all the shows it was nice back in the old days when Maiden had 4 or 5 dates all within a couple hours from me. Miss the extensive tour days.

Looking at its live premiere once again from the front row, goddamn if Senjutsu ain't a helluva song, but all the same I somewhat wish Iron Maiden had a capable backing vocalist. Imagine those vocal harmonies supporting Bruce on that song. He's doing an admirable job by himself but it'd just be the thing to provide that missing icing on the cake, y'know?

I wouldn't object to backing vocals on tape but they'd have to play to a click which I think can stifle a band's energy in some cases (see recent Metallica shows).

Having said that Powerslave sounded good on the BoS tour and they used backing tracks for that.

Looking at its live premiere once again from the front row, goddamn if Senjutsu ain't a helluva song, but all the same I somewhat wish Iron Maiden had a capable backing vocalist. Imagine those vocal harmonies supporting Bruce on that song. He's doing an admirable job by himself but it'd just be the thing to provide that missing icing on the cake, y'know?

isn't Adrian Smith a pretty capable backing vocalist? They just choose to not use him I guess.

And yeah I think it actually works out OK as an opener for the most part but it stales a bit towards the end in the last verses.

Sorry but can't help but think that the end is near based on so far this tour. And what's with the Senjutsu world stage, looks like its made out of cardboard.

I wouldn't object to backing vocals on tape but they'd have to play to a click which I think can stifle a band's energy in some cases (see recent Metallica shows).

Having said that Powerslave sounded good on the BoS tour and they used backing tracks for that.
Those weren't backing tracks for TBOS, for the same reason you cited about playing to a click. They were Michael Kenny playing sampled mixes of Bruce's backing vocals from the original recording.

isn't Adrian Smith a pretty capable backing vocalist? They just choose to not use him I guess.

And yeah I think it actually works out OK as an opener for the most part but it stales a bit towards the end in the last verses.
Yup, Adrian could do the lower harmonies for sure, he can definitely sing very decently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back