LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give it a few more shows before making a final judgment but I'm becoming more convinced that after this it'll be a short Senjutsu tour followed by a farewell tour. Maybe not even a Senjutsu tour.

I would say there's real chance and possibility of them really playing the whole Senjutsu...
Agree, but the real question is how many legs the album tour will be - I think if they play the whole album live in 2023, the tour could be only 1 leg. Or they could play a mixed setlist with classics in 2024 (like AMOLAD tours). Maybe it will be only 1 leg, I expect the band to enter the studio in 2024 again (5 years plan: 2019-2024).

Btw, the dates for the album tour next year will be announced in November, I guess after LOTB tour is over.

Some nerd stuff:

Nicko is with a new vest (2022 tour poster)
Dave is with a new vest too (2021 tour poster)
Adrian is with a red scarf again (like during TBOS tour)

:lol:
Adrian's wearing boots now on stage rather than the sneakers he had previously, in 2018 at least. I noticed this solely because I was in awe of his solos on Senjutsu and TWOTW on the videos from the front. They look better on him tbh. Funny how little they've changed their on-stage clothing though, Janick's even got the same shirt on as in 2018-19.

Janick's main black strat has a new black pickup in the middle position. So all pickups are now black. Most of the set is done on this guitar. During TWOTW, Blood Brothers, FOTD and Clansman he plays the white strat. IM is the White Spirit strat and RTTH is the cream wireless strat.
He's still also using the dedicated Trooper reddish sunburst Strat it seems.

Adrian's wearing boots now on stage rather than the sneakers he had previously, in 2018 at least. I noticed this solely because I was in awe of his solos on Senjutsu and TWOTW on the videos from the front. They look better on him tbh. Funny how little they've changed their on-stage clothing though, Janick's even got the same shirt on as in 2018-19.

He's still also using the dedicated Trooper reddish sunburst Strat it seems.
Yup. The Sandberg. That guitar only does Trooper. And sometimes things like The Prisoner and The Wicker Man.

Watched the "front row" clip of Aces High. Yes, played it a tad slower but I thought Bruce sounded pretty good all things considered. If uses this approach I think he will be fine through the end of the tour.

Fuck it is immposible to stay out of spoilers before Belgrade show.

I unfollow all metal profiles but alghorithm ruined everything. My YT wall is full of "recommendations" videos from Zagreb and Croatian internet portals covered very well show tonight, so I know what I can except in Belgrade

Fuck it is immposible to stay out of spoilers before Belgrade show.

I unfollow all metal profiles but alghorithm ruined everything. My YT wall is full of "recommendations" videos from Zagreb and Croatian internet portals covered very well show tonight, so I know what I can except in Belgrade
Dont worry, you will experience basiclly a totaly new show. It is so different from 2018 and 2019 legacy tour. Just go and have fun. Who knows when Zg and Bg will have another dates?

I am very happy how Croatian news covered Maiden show, before and after, also whole period in Split and Di'Anno recovery. Today big news was also that mayor of Zagreb was on concert wearing LAD t-shirt.

Everybody knew that something is going on. Even my father told me that some long hair guys are playing big show in Zagreb.

Also it is nice to see concert posters in Belgrade with Sold Out sign all over city. It will be great show, and yesterday I saw few older people wearing IM t-shirts walking around BG :D

Last edited:
Watched the "front row" clip of Aces High. Yes, played it a tad slower but I thought Bruce sounded pretty good all things considered. If uses this approach I think he will be fine through the end of the tour.
It's not his singing that is problem, but his body language trough the song was very strange. When song kicks in everybody runs in front of stage and Bruce slowly walks with apsolutly zero energy in him. He just stood trough whole song on drum riser or on his amps. Very strange for Bruce who jumps and run around all the time. The way he behaved whole show and how energetic he was, Aces high was anticlimax because you expect explosion of energy and you get a guy who just stands there and sing. And that transpired to the crowd. Everything was strange about Aces high yesterday. If you look just Aces video on youtube it looks decent, but when you put it in the context of the whole show it didn't work that good.

I think I didn't quite made my point on this day, 23/5, of how bad of a judgement it is to finish with Aces High.
I see some people here mentioning that it is a demanding first song.... Maybe for Nicko.
For Bruce? Did you hear the high notes on the Senjutsu song? Are you kidding me?
Aces High is meant to the opener, they were too greedy and spoiled the set for a tour which is not this one.
If they are afraid that another pandemic hits and they might not be able to do the album tour, ok i get this decision at least we see a glimpse of everything they could offer for the foreseeable tour, but other than that it is very weak judgement.
Or maybe way too ballsy move, to think that Bruce would see that on Maiden England it was already a stretch to do Aces High as an encore, he still thinks he is 25 I guess...

It's not his singing that is problem, but his body language trough the song was very strange. When song kicks in everybody runs in front of stage and Bruce slowly walks with apsolutly zero energy in him. He just stood trough whole song on drum riser or on his amps. Very strange for Bruce who jumps and run around all the time. The way he behaved whole show and how energetic he was, Aces high was anticlimax because you expect explosion of energy and you get a guy who just stands there and sing. And that transpired to the crowd. Everything was strange about Aces high yesterday. If you look just Aces video on youtube it looks decent, but when you put it in the context of the whole show it didn't work that good.
I think the days of Bruce jumping and running around like he used to are over due to hip replacement and torn achilles since 2019

Aces High definitely sounded (and looked) a bit more like Aces Low. I don't think there's any saving it. It's in the wrong spot. Not only is it way too demanding at the end of the set for Bruce and Nicko, but it's honestly not a very good closer. It gets the adrenaline going and gives you that mad rush of energy to prepare for the rest of the show which doesn't really work out so well when the show's literally over!

I don't think Bruce's injuries are why he's not jumping and running around in that song either; it seems more likely he's really having to conserve his breath and energy to be able to deliver on the vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back