Short-answer questions

Iron Maiden did some songs with Guy Edwards; Burning Ambition, Running Free (the one on axe attack). According to https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/most-complete-im-song-catalogue-ever.8453/ they also did Transylvania. Is this legit?

Might be the answer to this question :lol:

My turntable is away getting fixed so I can't even check it.

RiR feels very smooth which means it probably wasn't shot on film. That being said, it was probably recorded in some analog tape. Analog has a fixed number of lines so how are they gonna "remaster" it in 4k or 5k. If you have the master file (these tapes) you can convert them to digital at a bigger resolution (the number of lines remains the same so its a bit pointless beyond 1080). Does a fan channel on YouTube have access to these master tapes? Or are they just gonna use some lame ai upscaling software.
Don't know more of how this channel has accessed the tapes, but I think there's strong possibility of being just upscale.
There's some 80's or 90's Maiden shows that were taped from tv etc and so I've seen those being remastered and upscaled to full hd, based on what they originally looked like from vhs and now, it's upgrade. I will continue this talk over at the bootleg or some video thread if anything interesting comes up on the matter.

The answer you're looking for is machine learning and AI-enhanced upscales. True, it's not going to look anything like a real 4K print from a film. But the tech's been getting scary good and I've seen some surprisingly good-looking results come from people working with incredibly lossy sources. Think sub-480p VHS rips that have been digitized and crunched down further for peer-to-peer distribution in the 00s.

That said, that video ain't it. It's got all the problems of your typical scale job - just look at the overview shot of the stage when the song starts and especially Adrian. See how he's been reduced to an abstract art piece of various colored shapes? Yeah. And not only is the guy doing this stuff working from very a very lossy source, he didn't even bother to "acquire" the original DVD rip to get the best video quality possible and obviously just ran the first YouTube video he found through some garbage scaler so the end result is going to be even worse than it should be. The audio (the most important part) is completely bitcrushed too. Can't say I'm a fan.

Might be the answer to this question :lol:

My turntable is away getting fixed so I can't even check it.
What is the answer?

What is the answer?

That the version you are looking for of Transylvania could possibly be the reason why I bought a copy of a compilation album called Metal Mania that has Transylvania and Sanctuary on it. The timeline is correct anyway.

That the version you are looking for of Transylvania could possibly be the reason why I bought a copy of a compilation album called Metal Mania that has Transylvania and Sanctuary on it. The timeline is correct anyway.
But does this compilation have this version?

The Mercenary, if it had SiT production, would fit on the album.

Book Of Souls doesn´t come even close near the greatness of Powerslave IMO. For me the least favourite of all their title track songs, Iron Maiden not included.

Agreed! The Parchment is a massive majestic mammoth masterpiece!
No worries, to each their own! Book of Souls and Starblind are my favorite reunion era songs (add The Parchment now to the list) and I think each one sort of expands on musical ideas from the last. In the case of Starblind, I’m very much reminded of Infinite Dreams. There’s a similar sort of “swingy cadence” to both songs and I’m here for it.

But yea, Book of Souls combines some heavy riffs with melodic vocals and epic phrasings in a way that I hadn’t heard since Powerslave. I also hear some Mother Russian and Losfer Words in Book of Souls as well, which is awesome.

Which other song from TFF album would have been played live if the tour for it had a proper 1st leg?

Btw, 5 out of 10 songs were played live from the album - the other albums with worst or similar ratio are DOD (6 out 11 songs... they played the right ones and the setlist was the same for both legs) and FOTD (5 out of 12 songs... at least three more would have been great).

I would say ''Starblind'' -> it's a Smith/Harris/Dickinson song and I think it will shine live. The proggy jam in the middle must be seen live, chorus and verses too. Brutal song!

- ''The Alchemist'' (fast short rocker) and ''Isle Of Avalon'' (the vibe of the song will be great live) are strong candidates too. ''Mother Of Mercy'', nope, because of the chorus and ''The Man Who Would Be King'', idk but it will certainly be a better live song than Dave's song for TBOS album, for example.

It was not fair TFF album to have only one proper leg (although I love the concept of the 2010 tour)... all of the songs will shine live even more than their album versions, as we can hear from En Vivo!

Back