Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

The Darkness were huge on their first album, probably the biggest mainstream impact of a rock/metal band in the UK since GNR and that album kept Dance of Death off number 1 in the UK. They aren't on the same level now obviously but they still play relatively decent sized venues and have a good following. I would have considered it a decent support slot for any band to get.

It is definitely a coveted support slot. Most bands playing pubs and small clubs would kill to play as a support act on an extensive UK tour in front of 1500-2000 people every night for 20+ dates.

Unless they have to wear masks. Or follow some protocols to keep people Covid-safe. :D

It is definitely a coveted support slot. Most bands playing pubs and small clubs would kill to play as a support act on an extensive UK tour in front of 1500-2000 people every night for 20+ dates.

Unless they have to wear masks. Or follow some protocols to keep people Covid-safe. :D
It seems that COVID infections are raising in UK so I think the pubs tour could be canceled. It's very dangerous and not safe at all to enter in a crowded pub…

It seems that COVID infections are raising in UK so I think the pubs tour could be canceled. It's very dangerous and not safe at all to enter in a crowded pub…

Although it is true that infections are rising in the UK, it is also true that the number of tests being done here is significantly higher than in other European countries (10x more per 100000 people in some cases).

That being said, the fact that every day we see a number of Covid deaths equivalent to a plane crashing and some people think we should go on as if that is normal is rather worrying.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with you. It's very worrying. We are numbers in the system and we are statistic for the governments and the creepy media.

The Maiden lifestyle (on the road) itself deemed too unhealthy for him (and probably would be for many others).

(Extensive touring schedule driving up and down the country in vans at night in a hectic schedule freezing half to death in the van and a lack of sleep contributing to fatigue and illness)

Hadn't noticed the "on drugs" part :lol:, where is it?
Pankrement says it when he introduces the line-up. He says "Doug Sampson on drugs" instead of on drums. Start at 1:22

Sad news that rock journalist Malcolm Dome has passed away. He's probably most well known here for appearing in several Maiden documentaries.

I saw Luis Mariano reported this on twitter yesterday but there was no official news at the time, so I thought it may have been a hoax. Very sad news.

Hmm, reading his view on TXF (how he experienced and described the first listening session), I'm starting to feel a little bit less sad.

Still, he was important in Maiden's earlier era. And he made up the term thrash (metal)?

Since Maiden themselves never held a grudge against him then you shouldn't either.

That's not entirely true. He was practically name checked as being one of the journos who quaffed loads of free drink etc. at the X Factor launch party and then slated it.

Saying that, a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.

Hmm, reading his view on TXF (how he experienced and described the first listening session), I'm starting to feel a little bit less sad.

Still, he was important in Maiden's earlier era. And he made up the term thrash (metal)?
A well respected man and friend of the band has died and because of one negative album review you say that? @Mosh was right, that is a very tasteless comment to make.

Back