Steve Harris

Apparently, these are the entry requirements for The Darkness’ VIP package. Definitely stricter than the “let the virus spread” UK government protocols:

Wow, nothing over the top there, can't imagine that British Lion have a problem with wearing a mask, washing your hands or presenting a confirmaiton email so the logical conclusion is someone in the band is anti-vax. My guess is only one member would be powerful enough to throw their weight around enough to get a tour cancelled. Sad to see.

Wow, nothing over the top there, can't imagine that British Lion have a problem with wearing a mask, washing your hands or presenting a confirmaiton email so the logical conclusion is someone in the band is anti-vax. My guess is only one member would be powerful enough to throw their weight around enough to get a tour cancelled. Sad to see.

0b6341492fbc67d6cdbb9cbaa1454864399755c2r1-483-200_hq.gif

Yep, and if it is a member, it certainly could be another. Whatever someone's role in a band is, this can be a very persistent subject, and if that someone's needed, the whole plan is f**ked.

If it is Steve, then it puts Maiden touring in doubt, as if he picks up a dose it could be a lot worse than the one Bruce had. Which I suppose is reason enough to give Steve the benefit of the doubt, as I doubt he would willingly put Maiden in jeopardy.

Why would Steve or anyone else in the band for that matter be against vaxination? They can’t go to work without it, as simple as that.

Why would Steve or anyone else in the band for that matter be against vaxination? They can’t go to work without it, as simple as that.

Isn't Steve good mates with Tony Newton? Because there's an example of a touring musician with some very strange (to me) ideas about all this.

Not saying that he has any influence over British Lion, but if that's the company Steve keeps.....

Isn't Steve good mates with Tony Newton? Because there's an example of a touring musician with some very strange (to me) ideas about all this.

Not saying that he has any influence over British Lion, but if that's the company Steve keeps.....

May I ask what Tony Newton has said or posted about this? Thanks in advance.

May I ask what Tony Newton has said or posted about this? Thanks in advance.

Nothing specific regarding Steve, but I did run across his Twitter feed a while ago and he's not very keen on vaccination. In fact, he doesn't seem very keen on anything (except KK Downing and Donald Trump).

I've just looked him up, he's @TonyyNewton if you want to see for yourself.

So not only is Newton a mediocre bass player and engineer...

He's not just retweeting. He's spewing a lot of bullshit too. I just love how many people in this world that thinks mortal enemies the world over has united in a cruel ploy to dismantle citizen rights and force injections of... Whatever they think. The world can't agree on almost anything, but this, ABSOLUTELY. Yes, COVID is a ploy.... Right. The level of complexity required for a world wide "ploy", with millions involved and bitter rivals joing hands, renders the probability of it being a ploy to less than zero.

Edit: Hahaha, "MARICOPA COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT PROVES OBAMA'S HAWAII BIRTH CERTIFICATE WAS A FRAUD". The sheriff is Joe Arpaio. Newton is so deep in the conspiracy theory realm it's not even funny. I worked with a guy for a series of annual events, who also believed every conspiracy theory available. He literally believed the world was the center of a battle between demons and angels, and it was his duty to kill these demons if presented with the opportunity. There is some serious mental illness hiding behind some conspiracy theorists.

Last edited:
Back