Bruce nasty to fans??

I can't get behind this. Bruce isn't being a dick, the fans are being dicks in the videos. Bruce is trying to talk to people, make it to his show or catch a flight and there are people yelling at him from all sides begging for him to sign something for them. Bruce is as polite as he can be here by ignoring them or saying "next time". I don't understand what warrants the fans to film this and upload it on YouTube.
The poster of the first video has turned off comments - I guess he was pissed off when no-one backed him up ...
If they want to interact with you, they will initiate contact (which does happen sometimes).
If you want to meet Adrian, take up fishing. If you want to meet Bruce, take up fencing.

I never met a single member from Maiden. I can only speak for myself and meetings I had with artists I admire:
  • Once I met Gregor Mackintosh from Paradise Lost after a gig and spoke with him for a handful of minutes while both drinking a pint outside the venue. After giving him props for the amazing show we talked about trivial stuff like the venue itself (it's really beautiful believe me), coming to Lisbon, drinks and stuff and he was everything but the grumpy caricature of how northern English people are normally portrayed. Down to earth and really cool.
  • Also met Johnny Hagel from Tiamat... really cool and calm dude.
  • Also met Mark Sandman from Morphine a couple of days before he died on stage. Another absolutely superb chap.
  • The guys from Cynic are on a truly high level of coolness (as I expected) ... I went to a show in a rather small pub here and spent the entire show on the back of the venue next to the bar (there's no problem since I'm 1m90 tall - 6'2'' - and normally can get a cool view from the back rows on almost every gig) absolutely in awe of the mastery of thee dudes. When the gig was over people swarmed the band for autographs and when I looked to my right there was the great late drum magician Sean Reinert by my side. Just thanked him for the great concert and said his playing was fantastic and he thanked me, we shook hands and only when the mob cleared did I went to greet briefly and thank Paul and the remainder of the band and they were 100% cool with me.
  • As you noticed I never asked for autographs but there was one exception when I got a meet and greet card for Judas Priest in 2006, I believe. And man... was I surprised! I took the outside cover from the Revolution picture disc for the band to sign it. The guys entered the room and Rob welcomed everyone with such humility and reverence it baffled me. There was a living metal legend being as nice and humble with his fans like I would never guess. When I came near him to ask my first autograph EVER it was kinda weird. I went something like: "Hello Rob... I guess this autograph thing can be kinda boring but would you mind?" Rob looked up at me and said "It's all right... that's what we're here for". He signed the cover and I said something like "Nice... from the Metal God himself". Rob's reaction utterly surprised me: "thank you very much" he replied (BTW I was wearing a Jugulator shirt! LOL). The rest of the band was also 100% cool especially Ian who was talking about how cool the surroundings near the sea and the people were. Everyone was really receptive... even Scott who was kinda grumpy. I was the first to approach him (BTW man... the dude's tall) and said "Oh... so many stuff to sign" I apologized but he answered "nah it's ok... I was taking a nap and just woke up". When all photos and autographs were taken Rob started talking again: "Ok ... thanks for coming. Hope you like the show. Any last request?" I said "Please have mercy on our eardrums!" and he replied while laughing "No way... maximum damage!" as both band and fans left the room in a great mood. Seriously... I wasn't expecting such down to earth and welcoming reception from these living legends. Amazing.
So I never had any problem when talking to artists and either I've been lucky or it's due to my approach since normally I just want to say hi and express my gratitude for their work. I simply don't know. In April I'll finally meet Mr. Devin Townsend (didn't had the chance to meet him at the 2012 show)... this one will be a cool one for sure.

Last edited:
Does Adrian smoke?

He quit as far as I know.

And for topical issue, here I think Dickinson is slightly hypocritical, calling out fans smoking tobacco or weed in the pit. I mean if its really an issue for performance put some ventilators on the stage. Cause there's been video snips of them dining out after the shows and people are smoking at the dinner table, I guess there Bruce is not 2 meters up with a 1kW PA system powering his rant so he doesn't ;)

That Roger Waters clip is hilarious and awesome.

I seem to recall a social media meltdown from Mike Portnoy when a fan appeared at a VIP event wearing an A Dramatic Turn of Events shirt.

Here's a Bruce-related story for you, as told in the Skunkworks Facebook group by people who were there at the time. During the Skunkworks days one Iron Maiden turned up with a bunch of albums for Bruce to sign. Bruce did that, but also added his opinion on each album to his signature, from "great" to "shit". What a great way to ruin a fan's record collection!

Well what were the scores for the albums, is that known? Which one did he put 'shit' label on? Somewhere In Time?

A good friend says her friends met Bruce at his speaking tour & he was horrible, w/ pure anger in his face as he asked to be left alone, not too politely either. Her friend was so upset they gave away all their collection & got their IM tattoo covered up/lasered off.
I haven’t read anything close to Bruce being nasty, mostly that he’s nice. I’m now intrigued. I don’t think my admiration for him is going to go anytime soon –- it’s just a part of me, like my love for fantasy novels & black tea & my iffy stomach -- but my knees feel like they’ll go. Just thinking re that barely controlled rage.

He looks like he could peel my skin off w/ those eyes. Is there any truth in his hatred of his fans??
If it was during his speaking tour in 2019, Bruce was divorcing. That could explain why he looked son angry or, at least, not so sympathetical...

@karljant about that Jugulator shirt, people have done worse and gotten away with it :D

Ahahahahah great stuff! But then again the remainder of the band that made the record was still there. And I didn't (nor would have the nerve) ask Rob to sign a Jugulator shirt (although I think he would do it nonetheless... as I said the man is class personified) but the Revolution picture disc cover. Now if nowadays one showed up with a KK's Priest shirt I don't know if things would be that peaceful LOL. On the other hand, back in 2001 Max Cavalera refused to sign Sepultura records to a friend of mine. And did it in quite a rash way.

Last edited:
Back