Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

TWOTW's video was nominated for UK Music Video Awards 2021 in category ''Best Animation In A Video''.

The video is very good.
I've seen the making of video with special thanks to @Samantas5855 that uploaded it. Did they spent 20M dollars to make the video? They could study another possibilities IMO. But that's the karma of Holy Smoke and Steve's video camera & production.
I like the video but when I saw it the first time I thought that the video and the music go in different ways. I mean the tempo, the dynamic of the song… I have the feeling that if you put another piece of music works the same.
The same happens to me with Stratego video.

Yes for Stratego but no for Writing, it flows excellent for me. The part with bridge and Smith's solo is sublime
For instance there's no image or something happens when the chorus enter. Speed of Light worked very well with the tempo and the guitar solos.

I've seen the making of video with special thanks to @Samantas5855 that uploaded it. Did they spent 20M dollars to make the video? They could study another possibilities IMO. But that's the karma of Holy Smoke and Steve's video camera & production.
I like the video but when I saw it the first time I thought that the video and the music go in different ways. I mean the tempo, the dynamic of the song… I have the feeling that if you put another piece of music works the same.

Where did you get the 20 million dollars figure from? There’s no way the band (more precisely their record company) would have spent that amount of money on it.

Where did you get this figure from...?

Where did you get the 20 million dollars figure from? There’s no way the band (more precisely their record company) would have spent that amount of money on it.
Maybe I'm wrong because I think the same as you… I understand that Rod Smallwood say that at the beginning of the video. And I've seen a comment later in the video talking about it. I want to think that Rod thought that an animation video that level could cost that bunch of money.

Maybe I'm wrong because I think the same as you… I understand that Rod Smallwood say that at the beginning of the video. And I've seen a comment later in the video talking about it. I want to think that Rod thought that an animation video that level could cost that bunch of money.
So you don't know for sure about 20 mln, only the speculation. Am I right?

So you don't know for sure about 20 mln, only the speculation. Am I right?
Rod said in the video they would need 20 million dollars to turn Bruce's vision into reality. Although this was before they found the animators and the 2 ex-Pixar guys which leads me to believe Rod didn't meant it would actually cost 20 mil. but said that number to show that he believed it would be something over their budget (which obviously wasn't nowhere near close to 20mil.). For this reason he said he had many sleepless nights but thankfully the 2 ex-Pixar guys showed up which probably means he was relieved he actually found a way of doing it without spending a fortune.
In Pixar numbers, the first Toy Story cost 20 mil. (not adjusted for inflation) and that was one of the first 3d movies created on silicon graphics workstations which could easily set you back 1 mil. each without including software and they needed many of them. And that was a full movie with voice actors and shit

I have only watched the documentary once, but I believe Rod said that would have been the cost had they shot Bruce’s original idea for the video with actors (he was probably exaggerating though).

Edit: posted without checking other replies… :lol:

Last edited:
Back