Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I´ll be lucky if I can retire at age 65.
20 years to go. I´m 10 years at my previous job.
Not sure I will at all. State pension age, if it still exists, is already up to about 67, and I don't trust that still to be around, or be enough to pay for basic living costs, by time I reach 67. Work pensions are a low return savings scheme and a bit of a joke for most workers, if they have them at all. Apparently we're all supposed to have got on the property ladder in our 20s, at which point half of our income was going on rent and the other half was going on bills.

750,800 messages throughout the forum right now.
If we move them all here, we might reach this thread's goal before Samhain.

Which reminds me, years ago, Mrs. M (who's a very, very good driver, I hasten to point out), driving a freshly rented Škoda in Edinburgh, me mildly mentioning the speed limit, and her being sure she was below 15, mph presumably, knowing that a mile is more than a km but not how much exactly.
Thing is, Škoda's tachometers are, or were, RPM x100 rather than x1000... not to mention the dashboard position in the first place.

I was driving a friend's vehicle once, but forgot she was an American and the speedo was in mph. I was doing 80 mph in an 80 kph zone. Eeek.

Or "this song rocks". Has happened to me. Didn't notice that I was going at 110 km/h when the limit was 70 ... thank you, Maiden!
Damn, 110km/h in a 70km/h is a big difference, what song was that ? If I exceed the speed limit by 40km/h I would probably be thinking "this cocain is great".

Damn, 110km/h in a 70km/h is a big difference, what song was that ? If I exceed the speed limit by 40km/h I would probably be thinking "this cocain is great".
Hallowed be thy name :D and frankly, it was a road that should've had a limit of 90 in my opinion, so it didn't feel like I was going extremely fast. Was quick to brake when I realized the speed though ...

Theoretically, if there isn’t some really long-term cataclysm in the U.S. market that never fully recovers, and health insurance costs don’t spiral so far out of control that even a very risk-averse plan can’t withstand the increases. I suppose long-term high inflation would sink me if it happened, too.

But hey, nothing is certain in life, and my chances of success are high enough that I’m comfortable taking the leap now. We’ll see what happens.
That's great to hear Jer! Best of luck to you.

Back