Judas Priest

A couple of updates:

92647bb69cc4cda757ff5101691948471b33966e.jpeg

907ba7a8b87269e668cc54ad45fd28c476ffdaa6_2_690x322.jpeg

Best KKs Priest song released so far.
Agree. Great epic (I did not expect that). Intro, riffs, verses, chorus, melodies, solos, outro are all awesome. The vocal melodies are really good and the outro (reminds me of Manowar) with the acoustic guitar is almost 4 minutes, but it's unique and perfect for an album closer (Ripper's vocals shine). You can hear the bass too. The riff and part of ''The Sentinel'' chorus are used for this song. I get a little Maiden vibe from this song.

I actually think it’s a really strong album as long as you can embrace the cheese on tracks like ‘Raise your fists’ and ‘Brothers of the road’. Terrible lyrics notwithstanding I’d be happy to hear most of the tracks side by side with some priest classics.

KK's album is good - filled with great riffs, solos and some nice choruses. Not so much variety in the songs though. KK does a lot of shredding.

The best song is: ''Return Of The Sentinel'' (without a doubt)
My favorite songs are: ''Hellfire Thunderbolt'', the title track, ''Raise Your Fists'' and the closing song.

The album's intro is evil.
The song with the title in a foreign language has a brutal riff, nice melodies and verses.
''Brothers Of The Road'' is a nice fun rock song.
''Metal Through And Through'' sounds like a Manowar song a lot. Very good song.
''Wild And Free'' is a good fast short rocker. The chorus is catchy.
''Hail For The Priest'' has a great riff, twin-lead guitar harmonies (with ''ahhs-ahhs'') and a nice verses/chorus.

I actually think it’s a really strong album as long as you can embrace the cheese on tracks like ‘Raise your fists’ and ‘Brothers of the road’. Terrible lyrics notwithstanding I’d be happy to hear most of the tracks side by side with some priest classics.
After a couple listens trying to decide if I will buy or not. I also found the lyrics to be pretty cheesy as well. The intro to Hellfire is embarrassing. I have always like Ripper but some of the OTP “WHAahWHAahWHAah” vocal deliveries add to the cheese for me. The album comes across that KK is trying to “out Priest” Judas Priest. Best song by far is Return of the Sentinel even though I have a bit of an issue with him revisiting that. Is he going to do the same with Painkiller at some point? That said a lot of the music, riffs, and solos are pretty good. I guess the 80s version of myself would like this album a lot more lol. Regardless I hope the album does well and I will go see them if they ever tour near me.

Back