Please post reviews and thoughts on Senjutsu here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Maiden have graduated from being young & thrusting knights to becoming the grand wizards of metal with Senjutsu...

Sitting down with the 12" in front of me, admittedly listening to the MP3. This is one superb album :)

Last edited:
I have been (and still am) in Austria on vacation. Getting home tomorrow and looking forward to listening to the LP. But based on some Spotify listens, I really like this album start to finish. Time will tell, TFF has gone up in my estimation over the years and BNW has gone down. That said I think this has a good chance of being their best album since 7th Son, which is saying a lot. The individual songs are good and the album flows quite well

I think you are getting a bit carried away…
Of course, it's a new Maiden album. If you can't get carried away by the thing you love, life ain't worth living.

And I ain't cynical enough to consider it anything less than a thoroughly enjoyable week to be treasured.

Also, I loved the feel of the album, it does sound majestic in places.

.....over the years and BNW has gone down. That said I think this has a good chance of being their best album since 7th Son, which is saying a lot. The individual songs are good and the album flows quite well
At last a voice of reason in a sea of madness!

My ranking of Senjutsu for the time being:

01. The Time Machine 9/10
02. The Parchment 9/10
03. Stratego 9/10
04. Days Of Future Past 9/10

05. Senjutsu 8/10
06. Lost In A Lost World 8/10
07. Hell On Earth 8/10

08. The Writing On The Wall 7/10

09. Darkest Hour 5/10

10. Death Of The Celts 3/10

Last edited:
Celts is being SERIOUSLY underrated on this discussion. Those melodies are freakin sweet and Bruce crushes. DOTC is currently my favorite song on the album. I really don’t care if it sounds familiar or reminds of the Clansman. The way it builds up and then explodes into the classic driving Maiden battle themed epic.
As for Senjutsu: The more I listen to to the Title track, the more disappointed I am in the slow sing along part that starts at 4:20ish. It’s too long and kills the momentum . The chorus is already a bit slow and combined the song misses out on the heavy dark tones it starts out with. The solos and outro bring that feel back . It’s really my only negative critique .
This album is nearly perfect.
senjutsu 9
Stratego 10
Wotw. 10
Lost. 10
Days. 10
TM. 9
Dark Hour 10
Celts. 10
Parch. 10
Hell earth. 10

Celts is being SERIOUSLY underrated on this discussion. Those melodies are freakin sweet and Bruce crushes. DOTC is currently my favorite song on the album. I really don’t care if it sounds familiar or reminds of the Clansman. The way it builds up and then explodes into the classic driving Maiden battle themed epic.
As for Senjutsu: The more I listen to to the Title track, the more disappointed I am in the slow sing along part that starts at 4:20ish. It’s too long and kills the momentum . The chorus is already a bit slow and combined the song misses out on the heavy dark tones it starts out with. The solos and outro bring that feel back . It’s really my only negative critique .
This album is nearly perfect.
senjutsu 9
Stratego 10
Wotw. 10
Lost. 10
Days. 10
TM. 9
Dark Hour 10
Celts. 10
Parch. 10
Hell earth. 10
I totaly agree with Celts. Its a fantastic song

Can anyone remember in which interview it was stated that Hell On Earth was inspired by child soldiers and the Middle East conflicts?

Some reviews in Spanish, just in case anyone’s interested.

@The_7th_one Do you know of any other reviews in Spanish? By the way, you might recognise the reviewer for The Sentinel… :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back