Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I don't think there will be a proper video. The video for TWOTW was likely made long ago, like the album. If so, so would this 2nd video, and it would be included on the Blu Ray, but it's not.

With "proper video" I also mean (for instance) an easy and low budget lyric video with some simple Samurai Eddie animation... If it's a single, there's got to be something.

I don't think there will be a proper video. The video for TWOTW was likely made long ago, like the album. If so, so would this 2nd video, and it would be included on the Blu Ray, but it's not.
Maybe the video for the second single was also made long ago, but it was not included in the Blu Ray to not spoil the surprise. Or maybe the video was done now (a month ago, for example).
Senjutsu Eddie artwork (frame) from TWOTW video on the t-shirt, methinks:

sj.png

Maybe the video for the second single was also made long ago, but it was not included in the Blu Ray to not spoil the surprise. Or maybe the video was done now (a month ago, for example).

Senjutsu Eddie artwork (frame) from TWOTW video on the t-shirt, methinks:

View attachment 16467
POV: Mosh during a relaxed evening on 09/03.

This is the last of the 4 reviews.
I found them interesting. They mentioned some aspects of the songs that I will now particularly try to sound out.

Reviewer 1, Metal Hammer Germany

The fomalities right away: SENJUTSU contains 10 songs, the shortest is exactly 5 minutes long, the longest scratches the 13-minute mark. The more than 80-minute-long album is opened by the title song, which ponderously takes us on a journey, during which the band shows that they can still do many things better than the often younger competition. First and foremost, Dickenson's vocals, which are doubled in places, still shine in terms of quality and expression. Many of the songs often present themselves restrained, sometimes progressive, but this does not affect the density of content. Slightly confusing sound the occasionally used keyboards, which give the songs a minimal soundtrack character. It takes many listens to begin to understand the 17th album in its entirety, let alone perceive all the typical features of Maiden, which are definitely audible. The last 3 songs alone, which are all beyond 10 minutes long, are so multi-layered that I could write a separate review about each one. Conclusion: my fear of getting a mediocre album that works exclusively with quotes from the last three albums has not been confirmed. Still: It takes work to get into SENJUTSU, but then it is a real listening pleasure, which is not to be expected from many bands in 2021. Respect!

I'd welcome a lyric video. Although I'm a fairly fluent speaker of the English language, I sometimes struggle to understand what bruce is singing. Especially when he's in the higher register or sings Steve's 400 words per second.
I understand your concern. I always preper to have the lyrics nearby upon listening to the music.

Not sure if anyone has posted this news yet but BraveWords.com posted their review of new album. I NEVER agree with BW on reviews so I'm excited about their rating - likely means it will be good!

Not sure if anyone has posted this news yet but BraveWords.com posted their review of new album. I NEVER agree with BW on reviews so I'm excited about their rating - likely means it will be good!

Back