Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Yeah, as redantheblack92 pointed out, the big hype campaign was planned for TWOTW. An out of the blue Stratego release now makes sense!

15 days prior to the album.
A perfect timing for the expected Gers/Harris bomb!

I wonder how similar the track might be to any old White Spirit song… :innocent:

Just joking, I quite like Janick’s songs.

If Stratego's released as a single, I've got a feeling it'll just be in audio format.
You could be right, but I expect a music video (since it will be a proper single) - like in the good old days until the AMOLAD album.
Or a lyrics video... which would mean Rod has gone definitely "modern"! :D
Yeah. I would like a lyric video... this kind of video will be cool for Maiden (only for once).

I seem to remember Maiden put These Colours Don't Run and Brighter Than a Thousand Suns for download as audio files on their website shortly before AMOLAD was released. I think it went without any great announcements in advance.
If I'm not wrong, at least Brighter Than a Thousand Suns was briefly available to stream for official forum members. We non-members were waiting for the new song on Maidenfans irc chat (ah, the ol' good times :))

I don't really fancy for a music video to accompany the potential second single. The Writing on the Wall was great and I've genuinely enjoyed giving it a handful of views during this past month, but I doubt the lightning strikes twice this time.

Really, taking the time and actually watching a Maiden music video with concentration isn't really anything I'd really fancy doing at this point. I mean, wouldn't mind a video, but after the brilliance of TWOTW I don't, you now, really expect or specifically want it either. As mentioned, I really enjoyed TWOTW video, but with a possible second single I'd be very fine with just the audio anyway.

More interviews/comments/studio stuff/whatever would be much more interesting!

I don't think there will be a video. Remember what Bruce said about the background for TWOTW - there was no way to record a proper music video in the pandemic. Tbh i can't complain this animated thingy is one of the best things they did

If I'm not wrong, at least Brighter Than a Thousand Suns was briefly available to stream for official forum members. We non-members were waiting for the new song on Maidenfans irc chat (ah, the ol' good times :))

Right, I remember you being around at the time!

Thanks for the summarised translation @Perun

So, since Deaf Forever is a magazine I actually support, I won't translate the interview. I don't think a whole lot of new buyers would get the issue if they found the cover story for free on the net.

There are no leftovers from Bruce solo stuff on this album and he also says that he didn't get to do any solo music during the pandemic. He might cut off his hair. There's a lot of character questions ('are you moody?' - 'no, only when I need to be alone') that don't really give us much insight, at least not into the music. Bruce gets worked up about Janick bashers and says he despises online forums and social media.
There are two reviews, one is very positive, the other is a bit more thorough and critical but admits that it's far too complex for a final verdict on the first listen.

Lazy bastard! :lol:

Nice to see Bruce gets worked up about Janick's bashers. :)

Regarding TRATB, I found that when the song worked live, it was great (that was the case on the 3 shows I went to in 2017), but when it didn't, it went down like a fart in a 2 man submarine (e.g. Download 2016).

I don't think there will be a video.
Well, they have to spread/share the song worldwide and nowadays this is done through YouTube - which means a video again. Making a lyric video or something like that is easy (especially in these times) and much easier than the animated video for TWOTW.

If the song is out tomorrow, I bet it'll be out around 7:00 pm italian time (6:00 UK time), like for TWOTW.
If it wasn't an official single, it could also be out on all platforms after everyone's local midnight, but I don't think this will be the case.
We may see a pre-premiere starting from any minute now, on their YouTube channel...

@Kalata is right. YouTube is the main thing, nowadays.
Everyone goes on YouTube. Stratego will see the light of day there, first, I think.

I guess they will treat it exactly as TWOTW, with a proper video and all (not just the song with the album cover on the background).
The only difference is the nearly absent hype about it, this time around. But I'm totally ok with it. I had foreseen it.
We're all already on the same hype train, after all.

I guess they will treat it exactly as TWOTW, with a proper video and all (not just the song with the album cover on the background).
The only difference is the nearly absent hype about it, this time around. But I'm totally ok with it. I had foreseen it.
We're all alredy on the hype train, after all.
I don't think there will be a proper video. The video for TWOTW was likely made long ago, like the album. If so, so would this 2nd video, and it would be included on the Blu Ray, but it's not.

IRON MAIDEN Partners With ASDA Supermarkets To Launch Exclusive 'Senjutsu' Album Products

"In a U.K. first, legendary British metallers IRON MAIDEN are celebrating the launch of the 17th studio album, "Senjutsu", with two other unique products for their fans. 226 of the Asda stores will carry a display unit with an exclusive album edition of Trooper's Sun & Steel Japanese lager and their very own album t-shirt featuring band icon, Eddie.

"IRON MAIDEN are an incredible British institution and the best in their field so it's really exciting for us to be able to reward their legions of fans with some fantastic products for the launch of their hugely anticipated new album, 'Senjutsu', on September 3rd," says Andrew Thompson, Asda's senior manager on entertainment.

Adds Warner Music's SVP commercial Derek Allen: "There are few bands in the world that can provide such a breadth of products that their fan base love and we're delighted that Asda respect music enough to partner with us across several sectors. Every MAIDEN studio album launch is an event and their fans get behind it like no other. This partnership offers something for everyone all in one place."

The limited-edition Sun & Steel re-branded Trooper Japanese lager is a must for craft beer drinkers, MAIDEN fans and collectors everywhere"

Back