Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Yea I loved his Gangland run through. Really would love more of those. And so simple to do....no real planning. Just sit down for 6 or 7 mins and play along with the track...boom. Super happy fans. I always look forward to the reviews and big articles b4 and around the new album. and must have watched making of DOD and AMOLAD dozens of times each. TFF interviews were a little grouchy. Wonder Rod didn't step in and go....FFS lads....have a coffee and smile a little. Anyways, a month to go....."CONAN...what is best in life?...To Crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of the 'play classics' crowd'
Yeah same here, I recall them seeming to tease more in future when it was uploaded on their facebook page but no more seemed to come. This was months before Senjutsu was released as well. Maybe they were hoping to tide fans over until the LoTB third leg was supposed to get on the road? Either way, it would have been really cool to see Adrian (or any other member of the band) do more playthroughs.

For me Metallica set high standard with all free and quality content that they are releasing on the internet, a lot of special shows, and that MOP box set was amazing. They even try that Orion festival where they lost a lot of money but they are just trying new stuff, ofc that is all grab money but if I need to choose between Metallica way of garabbing money and Maiden way of grabbing money in last 10 years, I am choosing Metallica way and I think that every Maiden fan would like to have that kind of content.
The thing is, Metallica earn comfortably many times what Maiden do and can afford to do these sort of things. Such as uploading every concert in pro-footage/mix. Or putting out massive boxsets every year or so. Those things require a substantial budget and while Maiden aren't exactly poor I don't think they can quite compete to the same level as one of the world's top five earning acts.

There's a flip side to it though. I've seen Maiden many times but Metallica only once. It was a stadium show and the tickets were £120 and that was just standard floor standing. The Gold Circle (where you can actually get within viewing distance of the stage) were even more expensive. I was miles away from the band and it honestly wasn't that great a concert. I know Maiden, especially Bruce have often spoken out against that sort of extortionate ticketing and the last time I saw Maiden the tickets were around £70. At a Maiden stadium show, if you want near the front you arrive early. It's not dependant on how much income you have. I'm sure if Maiden hiked their ticket and merch prices they'd probably have a bit more money to throw about but just imagine the complaints from the fans.

So, swings and roundabouts etc.

That is true, Maiden tickets price are very good, maybe the best in the industry.

But all these stuff about money and metal music is really sad, when I see on Spotify that Sabaton or Epica are having PayPal link for donations, and Alisa from Arch Enemy is having Patreon, Wintersun is all the time in some crowdfunding, and Floor is making YouTube videos with some sponsored clips.

It seems that there is not too much money in metal.

There's more metal in this lulu
2.1188640.jpg

I think people view "Lulu" from the wrong angle. It's a Lou Reed album featuring Metallica, not the other way around.

Still isn't very good though. :ninja:

Reactions: jcv
What do you think of Metallica, then?
I think if there is one band that deserves to be crapped on for changing like people do with Maiden, it's Metallica. Maiden's low points are still better than anything Metallica has given us in the last 20 years. I'll give you the first three tracks off of Death Magnetic and Atlas Rise off of their last and that's it.

Napster, Lulu, a documentary where they have to talk about their feelings, the way they treated Newsted...I don't know I went from love to hate on them. It doesn't mean I'm throwing away their first four records I actually just bought Master on vinyl last week. But when any comparison is made between them and Maiden I kind of lose it. And when I see a comparison after my 5th beer, I question whether I should say anything and the next thing I know I'm making a post just to delete it fifty times.

You think that all Maiden fans are great? I remember when Maiden was coming to the city were I was living in 2008, concert was heavily promoted, +30 000 people, stadium show.

ST?

Dare I say that was pretty ambitious from Maiden, they haven't played anything remotely resembling a stadium in the Balkans, ever. There was barely enough people for the configuration they've used, which is one half of the max stadium concert capacity. I've been camping on the fence from 4 PM that day when they opened the gates. Only at night when Bruce's arrival was confirmed and show start was confirmed the stands started filling up.

I know a lot of people that were up in the stands that were there because it is the "currently biggest show". My friends dad is a jazz drummer, he used to play on the Peristyle in front of Luxor caffe with his band. Nicko passed by, introduced himself, gave them tickets for a concert. There was my friend who wasn't into metal but was into West Ham, came on the stands to wear the jersey. And so on and so forth. But in the end, if you see Fear of The Dark live bootleg, you'll see that the stands are on fire too.

Also what happened is that they've let people in without tickets for the encore, possibly because some left as you say? In any case it was middle of the summer, the show was running late for 2 hours and non metalheads were probably about done.

Btw if Maiden sold out Poljud and Belgrade Arena full capacities, that'd be about the same or more people than the 6 Yu gigs in the 80s on 3 tours.

All people say here is that Metallica has had some really neat videos from the studio and that could also benefit Maiden (and us).

Napster, Lulu, a documentary where they have to talk about their feelings, the way they treated Newsted...I don't know I went from love to hate on them. It doesn't mean I'm throwing away their first four records I actually just bought Master on vinyl last week. But when any comparison is made between them and Maiden I kind of lose it. And when I see a comparison after my 5th beer, I question whether I should say anything and the next thing I know I'm making a post just to delete it fifty times.

Napster..ok

Lulu, a side project of the band, laughing material, blunder, but it's not technically 100% Metallica
Newsted treatment and SKOM. I learned to appriciate what they've done with that documentary. I've watched it for the laughs for years, now I see it as a serious insight into the band no-one has ever done. I applaud Metallica for SKOM and in the end it's only pluses in my book. There are two parts to any human, you rarely get the other end in documentaries, meet and greets, its all polished, this is true, they are fucked up and not afraid to expose it.

Also Metallica has several advantages over Maiden whether you like it or not, the way they approach setlist and gigs is certainly better.

Reactions: FTB
The way they change the set every night is refreshing. Makes following them on tour quite fun because you never quite know what you're getting that night.

Saw Metallica five times on their last tour. They play 18 songs a night and in total I saw them play 29 songs.

Last edited:
Back