Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I really like the cover art for TXF. I think its fantastic.
Not that it really matters. The music is what matters, but as an aside that cover art was awesome.
As a piece of art, it is good, as a Maiden cover not tht much. Not what we traditionaly learned to love about their covers. IMO of course. As for the music.....

It's not one of my favorite covers, tbh. Maybe because it looks so realistic and brutal. Not a bad cover, by any means. I guess they wanted something different, but abandoned this way of creating an album cover pretty quickly.

It's curious why Melvyn Grant was not asked again to do the cover (FOTD has an amazing album cover) - he made the VXI cover too. But after NPFTD album the band began accepting contributions from other artists (not only Riggs) and wanted Eddie to be different for the 90's (I think Rod had said that).
- for FOTD album, I think Bruce had said that the band has offered three different artists to make a cover for the album, one of which will be chosen. I wish we could see those covers...
I think that in Riggs' site you can find his proposal for FOTD

Attachments

• derek-riggs-fear-of-the-dark.jpg
    derek-riggs-fear-of-the-dark.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 81
The X Factor cover is by far my least favorite of all the covers. I always found it repulsive to look at. The images also gives a completely wrong impression of maiden and the type of music they play (more suitable for a black/death metal band)
Given the band's name, perhaps a brutal cover was expected. TXF, SSOASS and BNW are the only covers in which Eddie's body is not full.

Edit: Maybe if it was drawn (not a photographed model), it would have been better.

Last edited:
I think that in Riggs' site you can find his proposal for FOTD
Riggs really went downhill, his work from the 90s onward are really bad to say the least. I think he did not care for Maiden anymore due to the abuse he got from them (according to him). Except the DOD cover, Maiden artwork has been OK with me, I liked the change for AMOLAD a lot, I would have given another chance for that artist again for TFF.

And I must say - I love Maiden logo on this cover.
Probably it's my favorite Maiden logo (SSOASS logo is also quite good).

As for favorite font of an album title, TBOS and SIT for me (FOTD and TNOTB are also good). The font of TXF album title is barely visible.

It's not one of my favorite covers, tbh. Maybe because it looks so realistic and brutal. Not a bad cover, by any means. I guess they wanted something different, but abandoned this way of creating an album cover pretty quickly.

It's curious why Melvyn Grant was not asked again to do the cover (FOTD has an amazing album cover) - he made the VXI cover too. But after NPFTD album the band began accepting contributions from other artists (not only Riggs) and wanted Eddie to be different for the 90's (I think Rod had said that).
- for FOTD album, I think Bruce had said that the band has offered three different artists to make a cover for the album, one of which will be chosen. I wish we could see those covers...
They saw megadeth's cover, they liked it, they wanted a similar one.

I am freaking bored. Let's just bring on the album. 6 years is a long time. I mean it would have been better to just release it just like that and not have us wait so long after the single for an album that has been there for more than 2 years. I get this whole promotion thing...but wouldn't the people supposed to buy the CD get it no matter what would the campain be?
I don't know, just wanted to share this with you guys. Peace out!

I am freaking bored. Let's just bring on the album. 6 years is a long time. I mean it would have been better to just release it just like that and not have us wait so long after the single for an album that has been there for more than 2 years. I get this whole promotion thing...but wouldn't the people supposed to buy the CD get it no matter what would the campain be?
Go for a run!

I know what you mean. There was a HUGE buzz around the single release, that's now completely died down and we still have a month to go. I really hope Maiden have something up their sleeve as there's now a complete lack of hype.

Reactions: Gk1
I know what you mean. There was a HUGE buzz around the single release, that's now completely died down and we still have a month to go. I really hope Maiden have something up their sleeve as there's now a complete lack of hype.
My thoughts exactly!I know it is mid summer and all. It is just as you say.....all this build up...and then nothing. Still enjoying the single though.

Back