Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

It’s the exact opposite for me. I absolutely love that chorus.
Same. I love that song and it’s awesome and Bruce sounds great. He doesn’t sound strained to me. That’s just how he sounds when he’s hitting that higher-but-not-super-high register of his. He has the same feeling in the chorus as he does in the “…all had death in their eyes” part of Dance of Death.

Same. I love that song and it’s awesome and Bruce sounds great. He doesn’t sound strained to me. That’s just how he sounds when he’s hitting that higher-but-not-super-high register of his. He has the same feeling in the chorus as he does in the “…all had death in their eyes” part of Dance of Death.
Two songs that I am not a fan of in terms of choruses in the past two albums- Mother of Mercy and Death or Glory.

My order of hype for the new album tracks
1. Senjutsu (Smith/Harris) 8:20
5. Days Of Future Past (Smith/Dickinson) 4:03
7. Darkest Hour (Smith/Dickinson) 7:20
6. The Time Machine (Gers/Harris) 7:09
9. The Parchment (Harris) 12:39
8. Death Of The Celts (Harris) 10:20
10. Hell On Earth (Harris) 11:19
4. Lost In A Lost World (Harris) 9:31
3. The Writing On The Wall(Smith/Dickinson)6:13
2. Stratego (Gers/Harris) 4:59

Imagine if they released a super deluxe A Real Live One box back in 1993, how much would you want it? Even if it was just some trinkets and some extra artwork. It would be damn fantastic to own :D
I'd only ever part with money for that album if it was remixed by Kevin Shirley.

TFF and TBOS have been their best ever in the US. The highest they ever got in the 80s I believe was SIT at 18.
The thing is though that Maiden are now a legacy band with much of their fanbase at the age where they still buy physical media and have the disposal income to buy albums. And since album sales are a fraction of what they were it's easier for bands like Maiden to achieve higher chart placements than they would have in the 80's.

Climb Like A Monkey was a highlight, especially when the plush gets involved. Yeah, it's a silly lyric and it's a silly dance but that's what makes it so fun and it was nice to see so many people have a good laugh and not take themselves so seriously.

The thing is though that Maiden are now a legacy band with much of their fanbase at the age where they still buy physical media and have the disposal income to buy albums. And since album sales are a fraction of what they were it's easier for bands like Maiden to achieve higher chart placements than they would have in the 80's.
Yep I'll be willing to bet SIT despite debuting at #18 would have sold more in the first week than TFF and BOS combined

Climb Like A Monkey was a highlight, especially when the plush gets involved. Yeah, it's a silly lyric and it's a silly dance but that's what makes it so fun and it was nice to see so many people have a good laugh and not take themselves so seriously.

The lyric is "unsexy", not silly per se. It originates from a serious historic quote. And I don't mind (that much) Bruce's gesture. A silent gesture would be fair play and somehow elegant.
But I seriously dislike his exhortation to the crowd to do the same. Like if he was trying to prove to Steve (or Rob) that this lyric is not so bad and the fans will actually like it.

I don't think anyone did.

The lyric is "unsexy", not silly per se. It originates from a serious historic quote. And I don't mind (that much) Bruce's gesture. A silent gesture would be fair play and somehow elegant.
But I seriously dislike his exhortation to the crowd to do the same. Like if he was trying to prove to Steve (or Rob) that this lyric is not so bad and the fans will actually like it.

I don't think anyone did.
It got worse when he started using bannanas and a monkey as a prop

Back