Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

It would have to be plays in a given week, last week, not total all time plays.

I would be literally astonished if TWOTW did not to enough to get in the top 100, for example French the Kid at number 98 on the charts is on it's first week in the Top 100, I never heard of this artist, surely Maiden would have done better than these?
Has French the Kid been around for 46 years? Maybe Iron Maiden should add 'the Kid' to their name.

Normally magazines etc get advance copies sent out for review. I'm just not sure how far in advance. I'll look up when TBOS reviews were published in relation to the album release.
I seem to remember Kerrang and Metal Hammer reviews before the album releases the last few times. Can't be 100% certain though. But I'm always on the lookout

Looking at TBOS which was released 4th September, the first review I can find is the August issue of Metal Hammer (a monthly magazine) with their review online appearing 18th August.

Most other reviews start appearing from 31st August onwards.

So I expect again that the August MH might be our first proper review.

Some random dude on Facebook claimed he heard a couple of songs of the new album and had some generic feedback:
Bruce sounds strained and has lost his range (I thought he sounded better on TWOTW than on all of TBOS, my conclusion, not random dude)
The songs are too long and boring (yeah, sure…)

I call BS on this, much because of the interview Bruce gave that stated that the only available copy to review is the vinyl and that’s only been out of the vault on one occasion that we know of (the interview). I don’t think that any physical copies of the album have been distributed yet and I believe they will keep the pressing as close to the release date as possible to avoid leaks.
TBOS leaked a couple of days (or one day?) before release and I really don’t expect anything different this time round.

Conclusion: random dude is taking the piss and is probably not a fan of anything post 7th son ;)

Looking at TBOS which was released 4th September, the first review I can find is the August issue of Metal Hammer (a monthly magazine) with their review online appearing 18th August.

Most other reviews start appearing from 31st August onwards.

So I expect again that the August MH might be our first proper review.
The first review was by Classic Rock Magazine the 11th August and it was published in the Maiden website even before the release of Speed of Light single. You can take a look at the website history News.

Some random dude on Facebook claimed he heard a couple of songs of the new album and had some generic feedback:
Bruce sounds strained and has lost his range (I thought he sounded better on TWOTW than on all of TBOS, my conclusion, not random dude)
The songs are too long and boring (yeah, sure…)

I call BS on this, much because of the interview Bruce gave that stated that the only available copy to review is the vinyl and that’s only been out of the vault on one occasion that we know of (the interview). I don’t think that any physical copies of the album have been distributed yet and I believe they will keep the pressing as close to the release date as possible to avoid leaks.
TBOS leaked a couple of days (or one day?) before release and I really don’t expect anything different this time round.

Conclusion: random dude is taking the piss and is probably not a fan of anything post 7th son ;)
Yeah, guy is a troll

Heh. Well, I still would like to know.
Why do people buy the boxset. I may have missed something important about the contents. @chaosapiant anyone else?
I don’t think you’ve missed anything. It includes the regular edition of the CD, a Blu-ray for Writing on the Wall, and a bunch of trinkets (posters, etc).

The first review was by Classic Rock Magazine the 11th August and it was published in the Maiden website even before the release of Speed of Light single. You can take a look at the website history News.
Doms always been a fan. I can see his new review arriving early this time around as well. But I know it will be heaps of praise and not necessarily the most objective review. I really am hoping for stronger then BOS. While a strong album, I do feel that TGU, WTRRD and SOTV suffered from a little undercooking and a few dull passages/uninspired solos etc.

Back