Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Or maybe it just hasn't done that well? I don't know. For audio streams on Spotify at least TWOTW can't compare at all if you look at plays. TWOTW has about 2 million something plays which is nothing compared to some/most (all) of those pop tunes :D

It would have to be plays in a given week, last week, not total all time plays.

I would be literally astonished if TWOTW did not to enough to get in the top 100, for example French the Kid at number 98 on the charts is on it's first week in the Top 100, I never heard of this artist, surely Maiden would have done better than these?

I think these last 40 odd days is going to be as painful to wait as the last 6 years. The knowledge that there is already a recorded album out there that I cannot get my hands on is really killing me.
The wait is easy to handle when you know the fixed date for the release. ;)
so it must not officially account as a single.
It is listed as a single from the album in Wikipedia. I guess the song was not announced as a single in the first place, because they didn't want to spoil the album announcement on 19/07.

I would be literally astonished if TWOTW did not to enough to get in the top 100, for example French the Kid at number 98 on the charts is on it's first week in the Top 100, I never heard of this artist, surely Maiden would have done better than these?
I probably don't know 90% of the charts, doesn't mean it's not listened to by millions of other scum though

French the Kid is on 550,975 plays so far on Spotify (very unscientific way of counting it anyways!) So yeah. Not sure what Maiden's was at the first week...but more than that surely.

I probably don't know 90% of the charts, doesn't mean it's not listened to by millions of other scum though

Maiden only had one single in their entire career that didn't chart in the top 40, Purgatory. Senjutsu will be a UK Number One album like TBOS and TFF before it. It's just not realistic to think that TWOTW would not break the top 100. It's not there because it doesn't meet the criteria for being in the charts, whatever they may be.

Maiden only had one single in their entire career that didn't chart in the top 40, Purgatory. Senjutsu will be a UK Number One album like TBOS and TFF before it. It's just not realistic to think that TWOTW would not break the top 100. It's not there because it doesn't meet the criteria for being in the charts, whatever they may be.

Song length?

Well according to the Kerrang interview, besides Steve and Bruce the rest of the band are eagerly waiting for the album to be released too, they haven't heard it in its entirety either LOL
Rod must send them a special and exclusive box set for members of the band :lol:

That French kid's name? David Guetta.

Honestly though, there's so much weird stuff going on with sales and counting in the streaming era.

Dunno about the chart positions, but ''El Dorado'' and ''Speed Of Light'' were also without b-sides or live tracks. EOTC has an interview about the song as a b-side though.

The last proper single was ''Different World''.
That’s not even an “official” physical release of El Dorado. The only thing they did was release digital singles for TFF, and some kind of CDR with the single artwork sent to radio stations.
Speed of Light wasn’t much better as it’s just the song, unaltered, on a cd. No B sides, live cuts or instrumentals.

I’m hoping we get real physical singles with Senjutsu. I have a collection and am currently working my way through getting every Iron Maiden single. So far I’ve got all singles up through Dance of Death.

another black background.
About the album cover, I wonder if with a light green background (not dark green) Eddie would stand out even more...

- the Deluxe Edition will look great in full green.

Curious fact: Maiden released 2 dark album covers in row, but they also have 3 blue album covers in a row - 1988/1990/1992.

Back