Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I feel that a mixture of material is preferable, the AMOLAD show was my least favourite Maiden show.

Would like to see some done to death classics switched out, currently The Trooper and 2M2M, they can come back in future.

Would i would really like is a couple of rotating spots for new songs nightly.

Example realistic set :-
1. Senjutsu
2. Days of Future Past
3. Die With Your Boots On
4. WOTW
5. Infinite Dreams (surprise)
6. Lost in Lost World or Death of Celts
7. Powerslave
8. Time Machine or Darkest Hour
9. The Parchment
10. Number of the Beast
11. FOTD
12. Iron Maiden

13. Be Quick or Be Dead (surprise)
14. Wasted Yrs
15. Hallowed

Some regular classics, some surprises and lots of new songs getting played.

I've never watched Some Kind of Monster and never will. Have no interest and wonder if it would be like watching bad Reality television. Maiden may not be comfortable having the whole creative process filmed, warts and all. I'm cool with that
I don't see where SKoM enters into the conversation. That's not an album making of, it's a documentary film deliberately designed to be an audience draw. Metallica has documented the recording processes for The Black Album, Load/Reload, Death Magnetic and Hardwired on video and these aren't particularly strange or controversial features. Maiden could've easily done similar if they wanted to - a relatively cleaned-up look at what goes on in the studio, without the warts.

Hell, they've already done this to some small extent with short excerpts filmed of the DoD and AMOLAD sessions out in the wild. They could do more of those quite easily, I think. Flight 666 and the En Vivo documentary show to me that they're not entirely uncomfortable around a film crew either.

Hell, they've already done this to some small extent with short excerpts filmed of the DoD and AMOLAD sessions out in the wild. They could do more of those quite easily, I think. Flight 666 and the En Vivo documentary show to me that they're not entirely uncomfortable around a film crew either.
Fully agree with you

I don't see where SKoM enters into the conversation. That's not an album making of, it's a documentary film deliberately designed to be an audience draw. Metallica has documented the recording processes for The Black Album, Load/Reload, Death Magnetic and Hardwired on video and these aren't particularly strange or controversial features. Maiden could've easily done similar if they wanted to - a relatively cleaned-up look at what goes on in the studio, without the warts.

Not having seen Monster I didn't know if it included any "making of" or not. If at this point in their lives if Maiden wanted to have the process filmed, they would. Looks like they don't. And again I'm cool with that.

Last edited:
I watched it. I gotta give Metallica credit....it took a LOT of balls to releases that footage into the wild, because it is NOT flattering to the band at all, and I'm sure they knew that.
I had to switch it off when Lars sells that painting for millions and starts jumping around and shouting. He's such a smug prat, he really pisses me off

Well, it was meant to be a making of movie... then the band imploded and it became something else entirely.

Reactions: jcv
I feel that a mixture of material is preferable, the AMOLAD show was my least favourite Maiden show.

Would like to see some done to death classics switched out, currently The Trooper and 2M2M, they can come back in future.

Would i would really like is a couple of rotating spots for new songs nightly.

Example realistic set :-
1. Senjutsu
2. Days of Future Past
3. Die With Your Boots On
4. WOTW
5. Infinite Dreams (surprise)
6. Lost in Lost World or Death of Celts
7. Powerslave
8. Time Machine or Darkest Hour
9. The Parchment
10. Number of the Beast
11. FOTD
12. Iron Maiden

13. Be Quick or Be Dead (surprise)
14. Wasted Yrs
15. Hallowed

Some regular classics, some surprises and lots of new songs getting played.
I can't stand 'Iron Maiden' on the setlist anymore.

BQOBD I think is a quite difficult song for Bruce to sing nowadays.

Any bets Sun and Steel will be played on Senjutsu tour? :) This song lately is growing on me. I think Piece of Mind should've open with this song. (The Trooper is too obvious choice)

Any bets Sun and Steel will be played on Senjutsu tour? :) This song lately is growing on me. I think Piece of Mind should've open with this song. (The Trooper is too obvious choice)
Ive always loved Sun & Steel, id love to see that.

Not convinced about it opening Piece of Mind tho (that would mean replacing Where Eagles Dare, not The Trooper!)

Where Eagles Dare would be the second song. I've always felt that the song order on Piece of Mind is somewhat wrong, but that's just me.

Last edited:
I've never watched Some Kind of Monster and never will. Have no interest and wonder if it would be like watching bad Reality television. Maiden may not be comfortable having the whole creative process filmed, warts and all. I'm cool with that

I wasn't necessarily talking about a Some Kind of Monster type of documentary. Though interesting and entertaining, it feels like someone edited the shit out it to make it seem crazy and is indeed like bad reality TV. They filmed the process of Death Magnetic as well and the latest one as well. Those are good documentaries.

Yesterday reading Kerrang's interview with Bruce, i noticed there were no mentions about possible hit/standout songs. Except for Hell on Earth. This worries me a little bit. Please no 'jam session' songs.

Back