Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
And still earned close to 2 million in a year where they would have only played a handful of gigs in Feb and March 2016

And still earned close to 2 million in a year where they would have only played a handful of gigs in Feb and March 2016
If I recall correctly, they completed the entire south / central America BOS tour in Feb/March 2016, so probably racked up 6 weeks on the road by end of that financial year. Good numbers but they bring home how important all the other licensing stuff has become.

Separate accounts also for IRON MAIDEN LLP which I assume covers other revenue streams. Maybe the beer runs into an entirely different revenue stream altogether.

If I recall correctly, they completed the entire south / central America BOS tour in Feb/March 2016, so probably racked up 6 weeks on the road by end of that financial year. Good numbers but they bring home how important all the other licensing stuff has become.

Separate accounts also for IRON MAIDEN LLP which I assume covers other revenue streams. Maybe the beer runs into an entirely different revenue stream altogether.
I believe Iron Maiden LLP is everythibg else. Merch, beer, headphones, licensed products, record sales and streams etc...

I believe Iron Maiden LLP is everythibg else. Merch, beer, headphones, licensed products, record sales and streams etc...
Also interesting how both commercial entities only list the six members, which means they still entirely own Maiden. Rod and Andy even must be ‘employees’ of the six band members in legal ownership terms

Didn't all this ownership (of the registered company) and accounts and such just some time ago came to known widely?
I remember reading about it, was it here or some other forums, can't remember at all.

Also, those are public numbers - assuredly the band members have paid themselves stipends out of those amounts. Anyway, they're doing OK for themselves, as that's in GBP and that's quite a significant amount of money.

One of the reasons the 2016 tour was so long was to recover from a year (2015) without any touring income.

One of the reasons the 2016 tour was so long was to recover from a year (2015) without any touring income.
So, the 2022 tour/s should be pretty long (6-7 months overall?), I guess...
- 2 months for LOTB (final) 3rd leg.
- 4/5 months for new album tour.

Last edited:
Two months of touring for Legacy then I can see Ed Force One being broken out in the fall for the actual album tour. Makes up for the Australia/Asia dates and you can hit the markets in the Americas. That could be an additional 3-4 months right there.

Two months of touring for Legacy then I can see Ed Force One being broken out in the fall for the actual album tour. Makes up for the Australia/Asia dates and you can hit the markets in the Americas. That could be an additional 3-4 months right there.
They won't do downunder in the fall of next year. I can see them doing an extensive North and South American tour only . 2023 will be for the rest of the world including Europe / UK tour

I hope they will film some shows during the 3rd leg of LOTB tour next year for a video release (with or without changes to the setlist)...

This was their original plan after all - to film shows during the 3rd leg of LOTB tour for a video and live album. The live album is already released, but it would be strange if the video will not be from Mexico.

It's curious if they will change the tour next year (to a new album tour) or they will play the new single during it (given the short run of dates... 2 months).

Tbh... TWOTW would be a great fit into the set instead of FOTD thematically.

But..think if it's possible, there's only 1 tour that FOTD wasn't played since it's release (which of course was 2005 Eddie Rips Up World Tour which consisted of songs from the first 4 albums only).

This was their original plan after all - to film shows during the 3rd leg of LOTB tour for a video and live album. The live album is already released, but it would be strange if the video will not be from Mexico.

Was it ever mentioned why they decided to record and film there? Of course the usual talk but any deeper meanings?
It would have been best possible scenario to release some show(s) from 2018 instead so Bruce's voice could have been completely different beast.
I mean he did sound magnificent on the early dates on that tour and I saw the 2 nights in Helsinki, Finland then.

I mean he did sound magnificent on the early dates on that tour and I saw the 2 nights in Helsinki, Finland then.

That's the reason why the concept of a longer tour in 2023 or 2022 getting added dates to the fall or whatever is such a mixed bag... They're till very capable, but recovering doesn't get any easier for them and while Bruce, at his best, has been absolutely phenomenal over the recent years, he's also more prone to fatigue with more intense touring. He wasn't that bad in 2019, but it was bit of a throwback to the late 80's: he got ill and as the schedule was more or less relentless, he never fully recovered during the touring cycle. 2016 was a tough run for him too.

Then again, they're sure doing great, flu or not. But at this point, if they're touring outside summer, I think SBIT esque schedule would be good. About two months starting in February. A good chance to visit Australia & New Zealand and Asia. And then summer, after a proper break. A bit more gigs than during an usual Maiden Summer, hence the Feb-March leg, but not spending half of the year on the road as they did in 2016. I doubt they would do another run like that again, anyway.

That's the reason why the concept of a longer tour in 2023 or 2022 getting added dates to the fall or whatever is such a mixed bag... They're till very capable, but recovering doesn't get any easier for them and while Bruce, at his best, has been absolutely phenomenal over the recent years, he's also more prone to fatigue with more intense touring. He wasn't that bad in 2019, but it was bit of a throwback to the late 80's: he got ill and as the schedule was more or less relentless, he never fully recovered during the touring cycle. 2016 was a tough run for him too.

Then again, they're sure doing great, flu or not. But at this point, if they're touring outside summer, I think SBIT esque schedule would be good. About two months starting in February. A good chance to visit Australia & New Zealand and Asia. And then summer, after a proper break. A bit more gigs than during an usual Maiden Summer, hence the Feb-March leg, but not spending half of the year on the road as they did in 2016. I doubt they would do another run like that again, anyway.
Yep, I agree with you and you said it well here. This has been talked and documented well on this forum. As we've talked, the best it would be to do relatively short tours and legs with proper rest and so.

Think someone suggested before they were trying to make up for lost time with Bruce's cancer diagnosis keeping them off the road in 2015 with the hefty schedule the following year. Hope they don't try doing the same what with the pandemic forcing them off the road for two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back