Bruce Dickinson

I don't think the chances are slim to none, but then again, he is finishing it since 2013...

He probably used some ideas (or a whole song again) for Maiden, especially if the new album has a lot of input from him, but even with that in mind, he has enough songs (17!) for an album. During his many book tours he says that for sure there will be a new solo album, so let's see.
And for how long he promise Alexander the Great? 20+ years? :)

He had a lot of time to finish it during these times without tours, but maybe he was busy with Maiden. He will find time, if he really wants.
17 songs just sitting.... Roy must have heard the album million times already. What a lucky guy! :p

I'm starting to think that maybe he will release it after Maiden are done. Then he can go on tour for it (to wrap his solo career too).
Slim to none. He probably canibalised material for Maiden albums
When I saw Bruce live during his book tour in september 2018, he mentioned the usual back then, that he's been preparing album and that IESF was originally suited for his solo-albums title track. I already back then thought his work with the album would be much more ready, but maybe it was yet again the usual talk and then we don't know how finished the album actually was even back then in 2018. Roy Z is again back doing work with Bruce, I wonder if there's been any mentions if Adrian is? Adrian sure was busy writing his fishing book (which when Bruce told about it to the audience in 2018 was somewhat surprising, but I got the signed book here). But back to Bruce. Of course, what he's said in the interviews and such, he's probably got it done bit by bit, but I think he's too busy nowadays and it seems that his solo career ain't number one at all or even close to being one of his priorities. Anyways, whenever he will release it as usual I will be checking it out.

And for how long he promise Alexander the Great? 20+ years? :)
Playing that song depends on the whole band, while finishing (and releasing) the solo album depends only on Bruce. ;)

btw, 20+ years... Really? You are probably right - I remember vaguely an interview with Steve (around 2000/2001) about the matter.
How come he didn't wear the trousers from TOTD single cover... for sure they would have been better for Accident Of Birth tour. :lol:

Attachments

• totd.jpg
    totd.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 12

From Rock Star to Businessman | Bruce Dickinson | TEDxMalmö​

An inspiring and motivating speech on how you can be creative in the modern business world. This talk is given by a man who has been fronting one of the world's most successful metal bands - Iron Maiden. The speaker and TEDxMalmö have permission to use the third-party content in the video. Bruce Dickinson is the lead singer of Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden is an institution embodying fearless creative independence with a following that spans every culture and generation. Their latest album “The Book Of Souls” (2015) went straight to No 1 across the world in 24 countries, becoming their fastest ever selling album. In 2012 Dickinson set up Cardiff Aviation, an aircraft maintenance company, which amongst other things, signed an agreement with the Djibouti government to help re-launch their national airline. Dickinson has also invested in the world’s largest aircraft: a hybrid of a plane, balloon and hovercraft, the Airlander 10. He has also created an aircraft fleet as a one-stop solution for airlines to use. In 2013, Iron Maiden collaborated with Robinsons Brewery in Stockport, England to create Trooper, a 4.8% cask/4.7% bottled ale whose recipe Dickinson formulated with head brewer Martyn Weeks. As of May 2014, the beer has sold 2.5 million pints in 40 countries, making it Robinsons’ most successful export. Dickinson’s list of accomplishments seems endless and are continuously growing. He has been described as a polymath and now brings together all his creativity and experiences to share with audiences around the world. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx
Am I mixing these videos up, but wasn't this actually shown/broadcast earlier?
I got some sort of recollection of something being shown previously?
Anybody remember seeing this one before?

Last edited:
Am I mixing these videos up, but wasn't this actually shown/broadcast earlier?
I got some sort of recollection of something being shown previously?
Anybody remember seeing this one before?

This was available online for a short period of time some time ago, but the video got taken down pretty quickly.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

This was available online for a short period of time some time ago, but the video got taken down pretty quickly.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Yesterday, I actually remember this case of the video being posted on th FC-forums, it was visible for while then it got protected by password.

One of Bruce favorite Led Zeppelin songs is ''Ramble On'' :

''I was always a bigger Purple fan than Zeppelin. But I never saw either bands when I was a kid, when they were in their heyday. Zeppelin were adopted by American radio big-style. But I’ve got to confess that the thing I loved most about Zeppelin was their English folk roots. Not their copies of American blues tracks. ''Ramble On'' is one of my favourite Led Zeppelin songs.''

It's a damn shame Bruce wastes his talent on these bloody one man shows and other shit. The new Maiden single shows how much he still has to offer. He probably has a shitload of stories to tell through music, and I think he probably could have been at a creative peak these last years..

It's a damn shame Bruce wastes his talent on these bloody one man shows and other shit. The new Maiden single shows how much he still has to offer. He probably has a shitload of stories to tell through music, and I think he probably could have been at a creative peak these last years..

Hear, hear! It is an absolute shame.

The one man show probably helps to prop up the aviation business in a way a solo musical career wouldn’t.

Hear, hear! It is an absolute shame.

The one man show probably helps to prop up the aviation business in a way a solo musical career wouldn’t.
Quite possible. I wouldn't mind him focusing on other things, it's nice to make money and all that, but he has been talking about his solo project since 2013! That's the annoying part. And when I hear and see the stuff he comes up with for Maiden it becomes even more annoying.

"I've been writing stuff for Iron Maiden" at the end of the article means that there is more Maiden music beyond the 17th album?

Thanks so much for the clipping

And even with new single, Bruce seems to go wide about the music work, making "the story" for the video. I did not expect lyrics by Smith, they're welcome but a surprise. I was thinking, if this album ends up being Smith heavy, as opposed to TBOS where Dickinson had a lot of credits, and with next solo album nowhere in sight, what exactly is he doing?

And even with new single, Bruce seems to go wide about the music work, making "the story" for the video. I did not expect lyrics by Smith, they're welcome but a surprise. I was thinking, if this album ends up being Smith heavy, as opposed to TBOS where Dickinson had a lot of credits, and with next solo album nowhere in sight, what exactly is he doing?

Talking bullshit? His comments about the SAGE scientists are particularly baffling.

That being said, I would be really surprised if Adrian wrote the lyrics of The Writing on the Wall.

Last edited:
I don't think so, he can't tell us about it now, before the album announcement, but he can tell us about it at the one man show, after the album announcement
If that interview was taken before the TWOTW premiere, I'm afraid that only means that the one man show will include stories about the song and its video.

3 cowrites on IM17 for Bruce. All with Smith.
That's what I wanted to say in the previous post, him saying he's "writing for Iron Maiden" does not mean that he's writing songs, he may be writing 'concepts', 'stage stories', and the rest of the bullshit. "Writing with Steve", for what, IM18?

Back