Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the album going to be called? "Belshazzar's Feast"? "Writings on the Wall"? "Wrath of the Waters"? "Warriors of the World"?

To be fair, the actual Bible passage (Book of Daniel) is also a bit strange when it comes to naming things. First, Daniel and three of his pals get kidnapped in Jerusalem and are brought to Nebuchatnezzar's kingdom. Then they are given new names: Daniel is then also called Belshazzar. after Nebuchatnezzar's gone, the new king is called Belshazzar. But it's Nebuchatnezzar's son Belshazzar, not Daniel called Belshazzar.

How is the album going to be called? "Belshazzar's Feast"? "Writings on the Wall"? "Wrath of the Waters"? "Warriors of the World"?

To be fair, the actual Bible passage (Book of Daniel) is also a bit strange when it comes to naming things. First, Daniel and three of his pals get kidnapped in Jerusalem and are brought to Nebuchatnezzar's kingdom. Then they are given new names: Daniel is then also called Belshazzar. after Nebuchatnezzar's gone, the new king is called Belshazzar. But it's Nebuchatnezzar's son Belshazzar, not Daniel called Belshazzar.
The actual Bible passage, like the actual Bible, changes over the centuries depending on what agenda and ideals the leading religious and political figures want to push at that time, so I wouldn't worry too much about "accuracy".

Another worrying clue is official YouTube account posting "We hope you enjoyed the Feast!" like if the video were not an appetizer but the main dish instead.

And yes, where this Monday thing come from?
I guess this was the main dish. The song is going to be played on the next leg of the Legacy of the Beast tour. Maybe they'll bring a matching backdrop to be re-used for the actual album tour. But the album won't be announced any time soon, probably Bruce's going to tell the audience during the tour that they'll release one after the tour.

At least something.

The actual Bible passage, like the actual Bible, changes over the centuries depending on what agenda and ideals the leading religious and political figures want to push at that time, so I wouldn't worry too much about "accuracy".
Says who? The "Prophet Daniel Belshazzar" or the "King Nebuchatnezzar's Son King Belshazzar"?

Daniel is called Belteshazzar.

I guess this was the main dish. The song is going to be played on the next leg of the Legacy of the Beast tour. Maybe they'll bring a matching backdrop to be re-used for the actual album tour. But the album won't be announced any time soon, probably Bruce's going to tell the audience during the tour that they'll release one after the tour.

At least something.
"WOTW" making its debut on the LOTB tour poster does point to that, but if that's the case, it makes little sense to release the song 11 months before the tour starts.

No, title will be different and Eddie will be Samurai. Details on monday.

Way of the Warrior? God, I hope not...

See what I said here on wednesday:

Way Of The Warrior
Bruce continues his stories of fencing, swords and way of samurai.

No, title will be different and Eddie will be Samurai. Details on monday.
The samurai Eddie in the video looks pretty good. We have already seen a similar one in the LOTB game.

I'm sure the album title will be different.

Reactions: jcv
Do we still think that the album will be a concept one?

Edit: I think not. Especially if the album cover will be a samurai Eddie.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcv
Way of the Warrior? God, I hope not...
Considering that the song Sun and Steel never ever was a staple, not even played live, or anything else at all but a song that was on an album, it would be fun to consider all the offshoots created from it. Sun and Steel beer, an album title named Way of the Warrior...

Do we still think that the album will be a concept one?

Edit: I think not. Especially if the album cover will be a samurai Eddie.

Judging by the lyrics and video, I think it may be the concept of the environment that was rumoured from the official forum a while back.

Now that the single has come out I assume the name of the record will have nothing to do with TWOTW or Bel's Feast.

The name will be some Steve/Janick epic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back