Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not by Maiden though, if the promoters were to cancel the gigs of their own accord that would be a different story.

Last year it felt as if Maiden were playing the waiting game. Not cancelling the tour until the promoters cancel the gigs, the promoters not cancelling the gigs until the governments forced them to do that...

Whilst I understand the insurance and liabilities side of things, at the end of the day the fans are shafted.

Nights Of The Dead beats the crap out of the (crap) live albums they released during the 90s!
Imo, the problem here is, they don't have the big producer over the shoulder. Steve is the boss and has unlimited creative (in this case rhymes with cringe) freedom. Steve, as any creator, simply don't has "the eye or the ear from the outside" and physically can't review many recorded shows to pick the best of them. They are too confident nowadays. And in some ways, they simply don't bother anymore. We must remember that Steve's hearing is also damaged over the years.
(sorry for my English)

Last year it felt as if Maiden were playing the waiting game. Not cancelling the tour until the promoters cancel the gigs, the promoters not cancelling the gigs until the governments forced them to do that...

Whilst I understand the insurance and liabilities side of things, at the end of the day the fans are shafted.

Yeah they started to post about all the postponed/cancelled gigs, then Rod did an update on the webite on the state of things and Covid. Then another update that everything wil be moved to 2021 and then another update that everything will be moved to 2022. But that's basically the only real Maiden talk we've had since the end of 2019 rest have been about side and solo projetcs, books tours and beers :lol:

I don't think it works like that, if Maiden cancelled the tour they would owe compensation to the promoters. Happened here before, Prince cancelled some big stadium shows and had to pay promoters millions.

Yes, in that case, you need to pay. Gary Moore had the same thing when he injured his hand and had to cancel and paid promotors via the sale of Greeny. As we know, Maiden even have stand-ins on standby, so they can lower the insurance bill for the tour.

However, this rescheduling/cancelation is not due to band not being able to perform. It's something bigger. And I doubt any of those circumstances were written in the contract with promoters. But if the band is now obliged to finish the LOTB tour specifically (not being able to re-brand the tour, considering the circumstances), no matter what, then this is one of the few big mistakes IM managment has ever done. Time is running out, Nicko will be 70 next year. And yet, we are waiting 2 years for the 3rd leg of a albeit great, but still "cabaret" IM tour, while sitting on new music for 2 years.

And not only that, having almost no fun MUSIC RELATED things from Maiden in 2 years. Jesus christ, you said you are recording all shows since what? 2006? Release a song or something then. A YT video of a performance. Just... Something music-related. That is pretty bad for a company (Iron Maiden LTD) that should be primarily focused around music. It isn't anymore...

The only thing that would save LOTB 2022 for me now is if they play a new single and switch 4 of the other songs, while adding new things to the set. That would be acceptable. Acceptable but not great.

Amen.

Last edited:
What we got from maiden in the last 5 years: Beer, Fishing book, autobiography, some meh solo projects, a pc game and a half-assed live album.

What we could have gotten from maiden: live album from the AMOLAD tour where they played the album in its entirety, studio diaries from Kevin Shirley, title, art work and track list, interviews on the album, a single

Yeah, NOTD live album sounds like a bootleg to me and (even worse) Mexican performances and Rio 2019 were their worst on the whole tour! I think Rod and musicians have no idea what to do next. They've planned 2020 tour and release of 17th album later those year but - as we all know, COVID was faster. Steve Harris is a great bass player and composer but definietly not the best producer in the world. When Martin Birch has left the board soundwise of the band has never ever be the same and IM was never be so magical (too me, of course). I suspect if the band sales would be down they just decide to split up and doing their own things as we see. IM is just an additional activity for them, I think they don't treat this band so serious anymore. Sad but True.

P.S: Comparition between heavy metal band and the Prince, Bieber or something from pop scene as being "much, much bigger" is not correct. Different music, style, fans, aesthetics, etc. Metal is generaly a niche phenomenon, especially traditional heavy metal. The only metal - oriented band we may compare to pop mega stars in terms of popularity is Metallica. But, as we know, they can offer varied programm with radio-friendly rock hits and unbelieveably popular ballads which attracted them much wider audiences around the world. It's a different story...

The only thing that would save LOTB 2022 for me now is if they play a new single and switch 4 of the other songs, while adding new things to the set. That would be acceptable. Acceptable but not great.

I can almost guarantee that no big changes will happen - because Maiden will meet-up a few months/weeks before the start of the 2022 tour and rehearse the setlist again and that's it :lol:

I can almost guarantee that no big changes will happen - because Maiden will meet-up a few months/weeks before the start of the 2022 tour and rehearse the setlist again and that's it :lol:

Yeah, at this point, expectations are pretty low for LOTB 2022 in terms of surprises and excitement.

I mean, it will be great to see them back on stage, but in terms of pure adrenaline, excitement and expectations... Light years behind 26th of May 2018.

Yeah, at this point, expectations are pretty low for LOTB 2022 in terms of surprises and excitement.
I think they may play a new song so same as on the first parts of Dance of Death Tour (Give Me Ed) and The Final Frontier 2010. I suppose it may happen.

Bar the weird crowd noises at parts, Nights of the Dead is the same standard as albums like DOTR, En Vivo and The Book of Souls Live Chapter. Rock in Rio and Flight 666 may have a bit more magic about them, but the way this forum has gone on about NOTD as if it's some sort of catastrophe completely at odds with other Maiden live albums is total bullshit. Just people having a go at it because it's the new album and they don't want to appear to be fan boys.
You missed the part where Bruce is clearly ill as fuck. One initial listen through the files after the gig it should have been immediately obvious that the album should be scrapped, or taken from other shows.

He's one of the greatest metal singers of all time, and this album had lots of people on forums saying he can't sing anymore because of his age. If you're not aware of him being ill during the South America run then it's a reasonable conclusion for listeners to come to. It's frankly very bad for Maidens reputation.

You missed the part where Bruce is clearly ill as fuck. One initial listen through the files after the gig it should have been immediately obvious that the album should be scrapped, or taken from other shows.

He's one of the greatest metal singers of all time, and this album had lots of people on forums saying he can't sing anymore because of his age. If you're not aware of him being ill during the South America run then it's a reasonable conclusion for listeners to come to. It's frankly very bad for Maidens reputation.
Exactly they shouldn't even release this kind of album - maybe as the bootleg for FC members only...

Bruce got very sick after the Mexico gigs, which is part of North America. ;)

His performances during 2019 were definitely below the excellent singing showcased in 2018. Not sure why that was the case though.

Yeah, I've noticed even his speaking is incorrect, maybe the clinical intervention left the stigma on his throat?

If it had been as a result of the treatment it would have also been noticeable in 2018.

Perhaps not being able to move on stage as much (he had snapped his Achilles tendon earlier in 2019, his hip was giving his a hard time to the point he got a replacement in Autumn last year…) affected his singing. Who knows?

I dread to think how he might sound live next year with such a demanding setlist after such a long period of time without singing on stage!

What happened to the solo album from Bruce? Last i heard, he had six songs or so done with his solo band. Will that ever see the light of day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back